skipping track 1

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

nontoxicglue

a member
Website
nontoxicglue.textamerica.com
whenever i play an album (hitting the play button when the album is selected.) it skips track one. and instead of displaying "playing track 1 of 15" it says "playing track 2 of 15". I looked over the ID3 tag and everything seems to be in order. does anyone know the solution to this problem? Thanks in advance.

3g 20gig WinXP.
Itunes for windows.

rszkodzi

I had a similar problem. Turned out to be the digital extraction of track one crapped out and recorded only 1 or 2 seconds of track 1 and when it played, it moved so fast that it seemwed to go straight to track 2.

I had to rip track one of my cd from a different cd-rom and then it was fine. I also had to turn error correction off as well.

-Rich

kezza

Junior Camper
Website
www.stirwise.com
I've had this same thing happen to me erratically on two different ipods (a 5gb and a 40gb), but considerably more on my week-old 40gb. I also know somebody whose 30 gb does it, too. It doesn't seem to be consistent with any given album, so I'm not sure what sequence leads up to this happening. If i press the reverse button it will bring be back to the previous song.
Sometimes i think maybe the operating system is registering downward movement of the trackpad even if there is none, thus selecting the next song in the series (even though you've pressed play from the album screen). I dunno, but you're not alone.

whiteblonde

I have a 2G 20Gb iPod, I am using iTunes 1.0.

The problem is similiar but I get it on other tracks apart from Track 1.

Using Norton DiscDoctor I can see what the problem is...

The files have become so fragmented that it is taking the iPod too long to load the track and it seems to "time out".

I had been adding and removing tracks using iTunes.

I dare not do a defrag, it will probably wear out the drive!

Best to just format it and reload the tracks from iTunes.