Skinny Puppy - The Greater Wrong Of The Right

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

stasyna

PeacePod
First off, for fans of this group's early work, you might be disappointed. This album has

strayed far from the crunching, metallic sound of 'Rabies' or even 'Too Dark Park', but

closer to 'The Process'. This album was brought to you by cEVIN and Ogre, the last lineup

before they were thought to have broken up.

It consists of 10 tracks:

1. Skiny Puppy - Immortal (4:17)
2. Skiny Puppy - Pro-Test (5:28)
3. Skiny Puppy - Neuwerld (5:29)
4. Skiny Puppy - Empte (4:11)
5. Skiny Puppy - Downsizer (4:20)
6. Skiny Puppy - Ghostman (4:56)
7. Skiny Puppy - Past Present (6:28)
8. Skiny Puppy - Use Less (4:47)
9. Skiny Puppy - Goneja (5:25)
10. Skiny Puppy - Daddyuwarbash (3:19)

Each track has an entirely different beat and sound, something you'd expect from

theprogramming junkies. It is reminiscent of a 'Coil' remix hit by a guitar. Ogre also sings ALOT more, there's probably 45 seconds atleast, on each track of his vocals, rather than throat rumbling infused singing SP fans are used to.

My review is a bit short because I dont like reviewing each track on its own, and giving overall scores, but the album as a whole. I also used an ADVANCE copy for reviewing purposes.

Even though this album has a 'Process feel to it, it is still an amazing record, and has to be

one of the best this year has yet to offer. Usage of guitar and lyrical aid is evident in

pro-test, where Ogre does what seems to be his version of almost a rap, similar to "Down In

It" by Nine Inch Nails.

I loved the process, it showed where Industrial is going, and who does it best is SP. I highly

recommend this album for techno/industrial/metal fans alike, especially those of you who

dig Rammstein, NIN, & KMKDM.

Overall Score: 4.5/5

Note: 320 CBR MP3 on 3.90.3 LAME codec, grabbed using EAC. (this is for song length purposes, incase they're off a bit)

cheddar

I have Xtreamer Skins!
Any idea when this will be released? I am looking forward to new (?) material. I have always been more into the Cleanse Fold and Manipulate sound but I like to be supportive of anything they do.

Wait, what! Skinny Puppy is putting out a new album? Isn't that kind of, uh, screwed up without Dwayne?

Anyway, it kinda sucks that it sounds like the process, since in my opinion (and the opinions of many fans) that album stunk on ice.

When does this come out???

stasyna

PeacePod
All the presale dates are for may 24.

Yes, although the process wasnt as 'dirty' as their older, more devleoped music, it was a nice addition to the ever changing industrial scene.

Dwayne, yeah, the programming lacks a bit, esepcially without those horror movie excerpts. But never the less, its still 100% pure ### kickage.:D

So, if you're a Skinny Puppy fan, can you recommend me a couple of new bands to check out? I'm trying to find some new similar stuff. I like it evil, psychodelic and aggressive. Any recommendations?

Xaa

It's all been downhill since Too Dark Park. Too bad, b/c they were really ahead of their time for awhile.

stasyna

PeacePod
ort said:
So, if you're a Skinny Puppy fan, can you recommend me a couple of new bands to check out? I'm trying to find some new similar stuff. I like it evil, psychodelic and aggressive. Any recommendations?
Some Nine Inch Nails, especially The Downward Spiral would fit that description.

Pick up: Skinny Puppy - The Singles Collection, probably the best album for a new commer to the industrial genre or band.

KMFDM is pretty rough stuff, though ppl call em frauds and phonies, they still rock hard. (not true industrial but still rough ####)

Front 242, and Front Line Assembly.

Try that man, hope it helps. I'm not a HARDCORE fan of Industrial, but i do enjoy it.

Well, so far I have to say that this album is not so hot. I don't mind them changing their sound, but the music just isn't that good, regardless of how it sounds.

I'll keep listening and see if it grows on me... but I doubt it will. Sad.