• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Size of File and Genre of Video (Movies, TV Shows..etc). HELP!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

BiReL41r

iPod Video Owner
Ok, I have two questions for you and it would be much appreciated if you could help me with them, thanks!

First: I'm not sure if this is usual but all my movie files are around 350-450mb in size, and I thought that was sort of big for being encoded the the .MP4 format. In the other hand, I've got one movie that is 180mb but is the same length as other movies. I use 3GP Convertor to convert the ..AVI files to .MP4, using QVGA/15fps/512kbps Mono/48kbps.

Second: I want to have Categories for my movies, like sort them by different Categories (ie. Movies, Music Videos & TV Shows). I see that iTunes has that but I'm not quite sure how I movie the videos to that certain category, or if I'm even able to do that. Can I make Categories?

Sorry for the long post!

afalconsvick

Atlanta Falcons!
Website
tonyjalbanese.com
Hi BiReL41f, you don't need to post the same thing three times to get an answer. Cross-posting is against the forum policy. Now to the questions.

350-450MB is pretty small actually, most of mine are about 60-900MB. As for the second questions, I have no clue.

Doug Gilmour

Intelligentleman
Website
www.last.fm
BiReL41r,

Crossposting is not tolerated here as it violates our Forums Policy.

I've removed your other two threads which were the exact same. Keep it all in here please.

-Dan

BiReL41r

iPod Video Owner
Thank you, sorry for cross-posting I just wanted the answer to this question, mods can delete the other 2 threads if they wish. I felt it was appropriate because it was in the problems section and in here because its for filling your iPod.

Jump_Blueberry

Apple Preacher
You'll have to tell us which OS you are on and what programs you are using!
And what is "so long?"
Location-unrelated times could be more helpful (like "6 hours ago")

As for your category-question:
You could do (smart-)playlists!
I rip episodes of Futurama and the OC to my iPod!
There is a Smart-playlist "The OC" where all videoes come in where "The OC" is the "Artist"! And when I want to view all my TV-shows I have a playlists with all Videos where the genre is "TV-show".
That's the best way to do it!
Unfortunatly the iPod doesn't seem to support folders!
Otherwise you could also select the seasons.... not that bad though... just put the episodnumber in front of each video!

BiReL41r

iPod Video Owner
I'm running on Windows XP on a customized computer. It took me shorter before to convert .avi files to .mp4 so I'm not to sure why it's taking so long. Still only at 63%!

dvdmon

Website
twelveblackcodemonkeys.blog-city.com
You still didn't answer the questions of which program you're using to convert and how long it has taken in actual time. Please, if you want people to help you, you have to give as much information as possible, otherwise it could be anything.

BiReL41r

iPod Video Owner
Originally posted by dvdmon
You still didn't answer the questions of which program you're using to convert and how long it has taken in actual time. Please, if you want people to help you, you have to give as much information as possible, otherwise it could be anything. [/QUOTE]
Are you joking me? How about you read my first post and then come back and talk to me. Read before you type!

I use 3GP Convertor to convert the ..AVI files to .MP4, using QVGA/15fps/512kbps Mono/48kbps.