Simple cable for Honda Fit

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ratcheer

We have a 2007 Honda Fit Sport that has a port under the dashboard to connect an iPod into the radio. How do I find out what type of cable to buy to make the connection? Where would I find such a cable? I am not interested in permanently mounting the iPod into the car.

The iPod is a 30GB video model. I am not sure what "generation" it is, but it was purchased new in early 2006.

Thanks,
Tim

ratcheer

Thanks. Yes, that will handle the audio and make a workable connection. I was hoping for something a little more sophisticated that would charge the iPod while its connected. I've done a lot more research and it doesn't seem that what I want is available. I'll probably just get what you said.

Tim

ratcheer

Galley said:
I suspect it is a standard 1/8" jack. If so, then all you need is a 1/8" to 1/8" stereo cable, which should cost no more than $10.00.
I got one of these cables at Wal-Mart for $4.88. It works great!

Tim

Galley

Website
www.galleytech.com
WooHoo! You may want to pick up a Belkin Auto Kit on eBay. It will charge your iPod and gives you slightly better sound since the audio comes out of the dock port rather than the headphone jack. My PT Cruiser disables the 12V adapter when I turn the car off, so I can leave everything connected all the time. :D

BTW, congrats on the Fit. I've been wanting one for awhile, but I found a deal too good to pass up on my 2006 PT Cruiser. :)