Shure e2c's repair & lost earbuds

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

biggieuk

Hi all,

I bought a pair of Shure e2c's a few months ago and recently noticed that there is a slight tear in the left headphone cord. If that wasn't enough for the poor things i have also lost the black medium sized ear buds :(

Whats the best way of fixing the rip before it gets and worse?

Also where is a good place to get only the medium sized buds if possible ?

Thanks, i hope i can save my earphones! ;)

urbanlegend

Toronto Tonto
Don't they have a 2-year warranty? If they're only a few months old, send them back to Shure.

John

mnhnhyouh

Website
www.geocities.com
Shure, from all reports I have read, have a fantastic returns policy, well worth a look at a return. The code on the headphone jack lets them tell when they were made.

h

Mr. Salty

I had to return a pair of E3c ear buds to Shure and they sent me a new pair within 10 days. That's definitely the way to go.

Izzyhere

I absolutely agree with what everyone has said. I've had to return my E3's twice and my wife's e2's once. Got them back within 10 days. They even updated me via email as to when they were shipped back to me.
You only need to download a form from the shure website and pay to ship them. They pay the return fees and you get new buds.
Don't try to fix them yourself!

v1046r

On the weekend i found that my E3G 's left earpiece cracked, I called my local dealer and they told me to bring the the thing in to exchange for a new pair. Once there it took them around 20 minutes to do the paperwork and gave me new E3G. I really appreciate their service. Though they could do better by offering to test their products before buying since the E4 and E5 series is so damn expensive here and they don't have money back policy in Thailand. Also the price here is very high, they still sell E4 for $300 and E5 for $500.

biggieuk

I bought my e2c's from an eBay store though,

They were brand new but the returns service from Shure says i need to provide proof of purchase but im not sure what to use.

I paid via paypal from http://www.epcbuyer.com/.

Does that mean i cannot use the Shure warranty?

Thanks

v1046r

yes, they told me to bring the proof of perchase so i figure that would be the recipt from the local dealer. asked them about that and they said that it'll do.

why don't you try explain the situation to them.

Last edited:

biggieuk

Hi,

What do you mean by local dealer?

Do you mean a Shure centre?

I live in Manchester & Sheffield, UK not sure if there are any local Shure centres about.

Thanks, Danny

v1046r

i live in Thailand and there's no Shure centre here, Shure products are imported through a single distributer. let's call it AAA, now several music stores, electronics stores, computer dealers, order Shure products from company AAA. when i bought my E3 i bought them from one of the electronic store close to where i work. when there was a problem with the product they told me to go directly to AAA because AAA can replace the new phones to my right away. these small dealers sometimes don't stock expensive items. they only have them if ordered

AAA normally is a business to business entity and those smaller dealers are business to consumer. I guess i can call AAA a soul distributer and whatever shop order the product from AAA is called local dealer.

basically that's how it works here. i had to bring the E3 to AAA along with recipt issued by the electronic store to have the cans replaced.

lwotton

Website
www.freewebs.com
Waitt...

Hello, my Ec2's had nearly the exact problem..

Do not panic. I rang Shure and they said "Talk to the UK distribution centre", go to Shure Website and find out the phone number for the Distribution Centre in the UK.. Get the phone number, ring them.. You should talk to a nice man called "Paul Treavis" (I did) and he'll figure it all out..

I bought mine from amazon and printed out the receipt from my Account page and voila!

Waiting for them to come back now, really really really miss them..

:)