Shure E series triple flange tips

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Hect0r

i was interested in getting these, but i wanted to know what everyone's experience has been with these or similar flanges. I dont get great isolation with any of the tips except maybe the foam ones, everything is just muffled. But I dont like how often the foam ones need replacing. How comfortable are the triple flanges and how well do they isolate.

ipoddy

Go to your local drug store and find the earplug section. Purchase some triple flange plugs. This experiment will cost a couple of dollars. Then you to decided for yourself.

Jim

kauffee

The triple flanges isolate better than the flex sleeves but not quite as well as the foamies. For me, their comfort is about on par with the silicon sleeves... but as with all of the sleeves, I never really think about it after a few days. They're definitely worth the investment, since it's just a few bucks.

iScientist

When I ordered my E3's, I almost didn't get the triple flanges--they were an afterthought. But, I'm glad I got them because I've found them to be the best solution. I like the foamies, but constant replacement is a drag and expensive. The triple flanges fit nicely and you can adjust how far you want to drill them into your head :). They isolate pretty well and the sound quality sounds great. As with any in-ear solution, they won't work for everyone, but I agree, for the low cost, theyre definitely worth a try. I clean them with a bit of isopropyl alcohol every so often and they're good to go.

Pov

I bought the triple flange tips for my E3Cs and found that they offered the best isolation of all the different types of tips. Unfortunately, they appeared to me to noticable degrade the sound quality. With the tips on my E3Cs sounded somewhat nasal. I think it has something to do with the fact that they are so long. In any event, I am back to using the yellow foamies.

AndyH

I use the triple-flange sleeves with my Shure E5's, but I've modified them for more comfort, and for better sound. I've cut-off the smallest flange to help decrease the mudiness, and I've trimmed the "stalk" portion a bit so they don't insert into my ear as far. The result is my favorite tip out of all of the ones that I've tried with my E5's.