Shuffle....

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

codvx

iPodRModdR
Website
codvx.tk
I seen the shuffle, No screen, No touch wheel, And for 512-1GB they could have made it a bit smaller, or at least made it a bit thicker and less like a remote...
And I dont care much for their product ads either; Why are they soo hawt for their shuffle option? I like listning to different types of music throughout the day, And it would be too hard to navigate throught 220 songs to find the one i want :mad: .
Being that Playlist is one of the main features of the iPod, I just wanted to know.. Where is Apple planning to go with this?
Even loving Apple myself, If i had 100$ I shure would find a different MP3 player, with a screen... I mean, This thing dont even have a touch wheel :(...
Well, I guess ill see it in person in a couple days.

malemacuser

its okay for people that have a smaller music files or if there in school or college but i have a large music collection so.

clayOnater

Codvx it does not have a screen because it does not need one, hence the word shuffle. It never plays in the same order. I think it???s a great idea I have a 4g 20g ipod and love it, however it is a little bulky when I run so I think this is a great alternative to the bigger ipods. ill probly get one eventually. Way to go Apple people

GADGETGEEK

"And it would be too hard to navigate throught 220 songs to find the one i want "

Then that would mean this ipod is not for you and you shouldnt buy it. However,there are people who might feel this is exactly what they need. Not every body listens to music the same way and you should find a mp3 player more to your needs.

Why is that so hard for people to understand? Everybody expects something to be tailormade for THEM.

Every ipod is flawed or lacking somewhere. For what the ipod shuffle is made to do it does it (I assume) very well.

This ipod is for the exercise crowd. It's for people on a little thing called a budget. If Apple were to make a regular ipod 'for everybody' it wouldnt be at the quality we expect.It couldnt be at that price point. I think some people want a real ipod at walmart prices.

Yeah,I want a Hummer at Kia prices too.

brianL

i understand your point Gadgetgeek, but i think it wasn't a smart move by Apple because they could appeal to an even bigger market if it had a screen. adding a screen would not raise the price that much, and it's not like the excercise crowd wouldn't buy it if it had a screen.

jessica.

First, I had a mini celebration today for some reason over the news from Apple. I think I'm hooked.

Anyway, the Shuffle. I love the design and here is my take on it.

My boss went to the Apple store today to get one. I do not know if she got one, but she went there to try. She is going to use it at the gym and sell her Rio or whatever the darn thing is. She does have an ipod but here are the selling points:

240 songs on shuffle = fine. Working out you shouldn't be messing with your ipod.
240 will make you choose wisely. Knowing that she is going to be using while working out, she doesn't care about play lists and such. She wants to work out, not play around with her ipod.
If it is stolen it is $100, not $400. Kind of takes away some of the sting.
Smaller than the ipod. She wants to use the ipod at the gym but between theft from within the lockers and then the size on her arm, she was a bit worried. She is getting this, the case and the strap for her arm.

I think this markets to the world of runners a like. I swear this is something I would consider if I were working out. I may consider it if I am bored one day. But not before I get the PB g4. ;)

I think Apple took a step into a direction to market to those few people who say that the price of the mini, 20, 40, 60 is too much and to those people who do not care for the totally techno items and just want something simple.
This is it. I am happy about this.

Doug Gilmour

Intelligentleman
Website
www.last.fm
I am actually considering buying my father one.. He works out on the treadmill for about an hour a day at least, this could serve him well.. Also it would mean he's stop stealing mine whenever he goes on it.. ;)

-Dan

iggy373

I LOVE it!! I am a college student and i have a 3g 15G that i use when i'm in my room or in my car, but i have always been afraid to just walk around campus with it, and it is a little bulky to bring to class, this is such a perfect size!!! Any smaller and i would be afraid of losing it. And i just plan to stick it in my pocket and go, so i really don't care if it has no screen, and if it's your music (which i would assume you like?no?) why would you care about knowing what song was coming up, odds are you will like it!! :)

Phoenixfury

Sorry folks but my mind just thinks like this and is probably completely wrong but....

I can't help but wonder when Apple's prank will be up and they'll show off the real flash based iPod with a screen and killer controls. :)

Like I said, I'm probably way off, but wouldn't it be funny if it turned out that Apple pranked us? :)

Last edited:

Boilerblues

Website
www.boilerblues.com
Phoenixfury said:
Sorry folks but my mind just thinks like this and is probably completely wrong but....

I can't help but wonder when Apple's prank will be up and they'll show off the real flash based iPod with a screen and killer controls. :)

Like I said, I'm probably way off, but wouldn't it be funny if it turned out that Apple pranked us? :)
Not really, I ordered mine yesterday.

mattipod

I think it's wonderful. It doesn't need a screen, apple is not only selling ipod shuffle to the greater public but its selling iTunes to more people too. The only way to use this thing, and any other ipod is to have iTunes. It does play songs in the same order if you so choose, you move the slider bar to the repeat symbol and then if u want to shuffle, move it to shuffle. I think this is perfect and so different from everything else out there.

MonkeyStyle

I think there are probably a lot of owners of fancy 4G iPods who will pick up one of these for those times when their 'baby' might get scratched, rained on, etc. -- it would make a great supplemental player for high-risk activities.

Putting the screen on it would have defeated the purpose of simplifying the player and making it stand out from all of those little players out there suffering from tortured engineering...IMHO

Phoenixfury

I do not mean any dis-respect here. I just had a completely differen't idea of Apple's flashed based iPod offering. I'm sure this will stand up on it's own as a great product though.

clayOnater

this is to everyone who thinks there should be a screen and killer controls,

For one thing if they put a screen and killer controls on it would be 100-150 dollars. It would be more like 200+. Once again there is no need for a screen because it shuffles the songs so you don???t have to set up play list for every occasion and so you don???t have to look through 200+ songs to find one you want. It???s a perfect design.

Phoenixfury

The more I look into this product, the more I am understanding it. With the ability to save play lists and play them off of shuffle mode, I can see how this product can apeal even with out a screen.

I do not think this product is for me personally but I don't think any flash based player is for me for a while. :) However this product should be well suited for those people that need a flash based player where hard drive based players should not go.

I'm not sure if I would be the first to say this, but I also see this as a better alternative than the hard drive iPod for anyone that is blind. The shape & placement of the controls not to mention that the control apears to be up raised should give the perfect tactile feedback for anyone who otherwise wouldn't be able to see it. Even the 512 meg capacity should be sufficient for carrying a decent library of audio books. I doubt that Apple took their design into consideration for the blind, but their design may turn out to be a godsend.

iZON

iPod Patrol
I'm not sure about this one. It's difficult to separate the excitement from the its practicality. Perhaps when the dust has settled we'll all see how the Shuffle takes to the market. Shuffle or not, it deserves to have a screen.

aluren

iZON said:
I'm not sure about this one. It's difficult to separate the excitement from the its practicality. Perhaps when the dust has settled we'll all see how the Shuffle takes to the market. Shuffle or not, it deserves to have a screen.
you have to understand the shuffle feature. its purpose is not so you can carry a giant library of music wherever you go, thereby needing a screen to navigate that library. the ipod shuffle is used in a way where your library is updated constantly. if i were to get one, i would set certain playlists, one for the gym, one for school, one for studying at starbucks. all my rap and rock music will be on when i'm at the gym, all my classicals will be on when i'm studying. and when i say rap and rock, i don't mean my ENTIRE collection, just the ones i love or new songs. now why do i need to navigate thru such a specific list of music??

i'm actually glad that there's no screen, thereby making the ipod affordable. i think i will get the $99 512mb player instead of the expensive ipod. see what apple is doing to me? that's what you call strategic marketing.