shuffle slider

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sparkky

Wu hu! Finally got my shuffle. Immediate thoughts within the first half and hour of owning it...

I am noticing it's kindapain to slide the back slider thing. Anyone have suggestions on how to move that thing easier/more smoothly? Or does it loosen with time?

Also, I am getting the lajo skin and think it might be better to get the exo and not the exo2 because the controls are covered with the exo2. Thoughts?

Very cool device. Now someone needs to fashion something for cord control.

Is there a hold button akin to the one on the regular 3g 20gb ipod so the device can continue to play and the buttons are inoperable? Seems like the hold button turns the thing off.

At this time, I see no need to buy the usb ac adapter. I am always connected to computer - whether work or home. So I have no need for the adapter.

Love the lanyard option.

Owning both the 20GB and the shuffle, and a digital camera, and a cell phone, and a laptop, and a ... and .. etc. makes me feel like I am a walking BestBuy store. Perhaps I'll head in the same direction as other ipodloungers and sell the 20GB. (doubt it tho)...

echo

yeah, it's super dry here (calgary) and the shuffle is a pain to slide...so if no one is looking I lick my thumb quickly and get some traction. If you push really really hard it works too, but when I say "really" hard it's probably not that hard because you psycologically are like "omg! new toy! don't break!"... :)

sparkky

That's exactly my sentiment. I was pushing the shuffle pretty hard to get it to move (worried I was going to smush the thing like a candy bar). I love how light this thing is. It's incredible to not have the weight of the 20Gb hanging in my pocket. Almost like magic having such a light-weight device delivering music to my ears. I love it.

jonathan_ive

iMade iPod
there is a hold feature on the shuffle but is is hardly convenient, you have to press down and hold the play button for 3 seconds.

iBop

Initially it may be a little difficult.

However, after a while, it does become more intuitive.

If you exert pressure perpendicular to the plane of the shuffle, then transfer some of the pressure 90 degree (same as the plane) it becomes easier with each attempt. :p

-James

Website
www.google.co.uk
A lot of people seem to be saying that the slider is hard to move, yet mine seems pretty easy and even perhaps a little loose. Is it just me and my particular unit? And yes, there is a hold function. You hold down the play/pause button for 3 seconds until the light starts flashing.