Shuffle Peeve

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

MikeM

Administrator
Anyone else not happy with the fact that you can't adjust the shuffle volume unless it playing?

I use the shuffle with a cassette adapter in the car and I keep the shuffle volume up. When I switch to phones, I want to turn the volume down before playing music to protect my ears and phones.

I push the volume down button a bunch and green light blinks like its doing something but its not. Instead, I have to leave the phones unplugged or unplug them, hit play, changed the volume, and then plug back in. Not super complicated but annoying. And I lose several seconds of the song I was listening to.

While I've enjoyed the size, weight, and sound quality of the shuffle, I'm not otherwise too impressed. I'll continue using my full size iPod more often.

zip22

if you could turn it up/down when it wasnt playing, then you could also potentially damage your ears or your headphones by turning it up to much.

i dont think its bad at all

arent the normal ipods like this as well?

jonathan_ive

iMade iPod
zip22 has got a point, but zip the hold feature has been put into place for a reason.

fatman

You are right, the volume button is a bit annoying. I've basically come to terms that there are only a few things the shuffle really shines in: portability, lightweight, size

If you need more options, it's best just to use your regular ipod for that.

zip22

i still dont see how this is different from the normal ipods. dont you have to be in the play mode to change the volume level?