Shuffle Owners

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

In Sams World

Hey im just wondering if most Shuffle owners have bigger ipods or just a shuffle?

I just use the shuffle and am wonering what the advantages would be of having a shuffle and a bigger ipod.

Discuss.

MartyMcPod

I have a bigger iPod. I wanted a flash player, because as small as iPods are, it was getting to be a pain to carry around.

At this point, the Shuffle gets much more use than the iPod.

I guess I don't really need a 20 gig, but it's nice to have if I have to travel.

sturmdogg

Before I got the shuffle, I was dead set on getting the Mini as I wanted to have my whole collection with me.

But after reading some of the user experiences here in ipodlounge, especially for those who sold their bigger ipods for the shuffle, I thought I'd give it a try.

So far it's been great, no regrets.

expermint626

I just ordered a 1gb shuffle after selling my 3g full sized ipod I still have a mini though which I still use a lot.
The idea behind the shuffle is that I can take it anywhere because it is small light...... and I won't so worried if it gets damaged....

Looking forward for my 1gb shuffle and case to come :)

bfcoughlin

I bought a 512 MB Shuffle in March, originally for use at the gym. Now I carry it everywhere, finding plenty of opportunity to fill in time listening to music. It's so small and practically weigthless (the ear buds are the bulkiest part!) that I just always have it on hand. It holds more music that I'd ever have the chance to listen to in a day.

Yet, today I bought a mini--but I did that specifically to listen to audiobooks. It sounds like the Shuffle is just not ideal for that. Audible had a deal--$100 off the mini if you sign up with them for a year, so I took advantage of it.

I still think I'll carry the Shuffle around with me and I'll definitely keep using it at the gym. But I'll probably use the mini when we go on trips or at home.

iBang

Website
www.justbball.com
Similar experiences as these guys...I use my Shuffle a whole lot more and use my 20GB mostly for road trips.

I think of my Shuffle as My Personal Music Player; everything on it is MY music, suited to MY tastes and MY ratings. I don't need a screen because everything that's on it is mine mine mine.

I think of my 20GB as The Playlist Player; it has all of my playlists which I can select to match a certain mood or person that's riding in the car with me.

mtnagel

I sold my 1.5 month old 4G 40 gig iPod after having my Shuffle for a week. I just couldn't justify have a $400 device that I was only going to use every once and awhile. I don't regret it at all.

I'm going to Jamaica next week and I'm just taking my laptop so I can charge my Shuffle and transfer music, so to me, the fact that it doesn't hold all my music is not a disadvantage at all.

In Sams World

mtnagel said:
I sold my 1.5 month old 4G 40 gig iPod after having my Shuffle for a week. I just couldn't justify have a $400 device that I was only going to use every once and awhile. I don't regret it at all.

I'm going to Jamaica next week and I'm just taking my laptop so I can charge my Shuffle and transfer music, so to me, the fact that it doesn't hold all my music is not a disadvantage at all.
yeah exactly the same for me, well except the jamaica part.

lazykitty

I have a 60GB Photo and a 512MB Shuffle, and I love them both. I use the shuffle for walking, and the Photo I take camping and to work

zapod

Gadgeteer
If have not touched my old 1st Gen 5gig iPod since February... when I picked up a 1gig shuffle. Like other posters have said already, it weighs next to nothing and is more like an accessory to my noise cancelling phones than the other way around.

sidebruns

Block Rockin Beats
I got a 512MB shuffle when they came out since I needed a flash drive to take print documents to the printer. And having an mp3 player built in seemed like a bonus to me, since most of the nicer flash drives cost about the same. I now use my shuffle when I am riding my Trek or going on walks, since it is much lighter. I have audio line in cables on my home stereo and car stereo for my full size iPod, where I don't have to worry about the weight of it or if I will drop it.

raiders63

I have 1G Shuffle and a 40G Ipod. I use both extensively everyday. The shuffle pretty much lives in my gym bag (I have the arm band and short lead Sony headphones). It "works out" great. The regular Ipod goes to work with me. It keeps me entertained throughout the workday.

As for travel, I normally take both along. The shuffle works especially well in the airport while waiting for the plane. It's small, compact, fits in my pocket, and I don't need to get into my carry-on bag to get it out/put it away. Once I get settled on the plane, it the full size and my QC2s.