Shuffle Mod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

davebach172

Don't think anyone else has posted this, but i was getting frustrated with the big slider button being tough to use, so i came up with this little modification.......

ingredients:
- a bit of sticky tape (i used a minidisc label cover) cut to the size of the slide switch.
- 4 tiny dabs of superglue.

i put the cut-to-size plastic on the switch, then dabbed 4 dots onto it. when it dried, it formed a nice row of hard dots that make the switch much easier to use.

here's a (rubbish) pic......

the cut-to-size plastic means the superglue wont affect the shuffles plastic (wasnt sure it would, but didnt want to take the chance), and you can easily remove it if it looks naff.

i've found some small model tins of paint - one in a nice powerbook silver colour so *may* decide to try painting it to match the rest of my kit. then again, im useless with a brush, so may not!

Last edited:

hotphil

iPodding in Sheffield!
Website
hotphil.blogspot.com
That's a nice idea, customise your shuffle and make it more tactile at the same time. If I were you I'd be trying to sell that idea to whoever makes iPod donuts!

archurban

ipod adviser
Website
web.mac.com
I don't understand why the slider bar is tough to be used. as you noticed, material of ipod shuffle easily get finger print on. it means that you can move slide bar just piece of cake. well, usually, when I move the bar up and down, another finger touches front click button, too. I don't know why it is problem for you.

smirf83

Hey dave, I don't know if you remember me but you were kind enough to send me the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I didn't realise you were registered on this forum! How's everything over at [email protected]? Hope you enjoy your new shuffle. :)

Adam_89

lol, i clicked the link before i read your post and i thought, "no one could hate the shuffle that much that they'd buy it just to spit on it"

then i read your post, lol

davebach172

mines quite tough to move - this solves that tiny issue for me - just hope no one else thinks i hate my pod enough to spit on it!! (i dont, btw!! love it - been listening to it all day and its still green on the battery level - excellent!)

smirf83 - fancy seeing you here! how'd you like the guide? i remember you gave me a tip about changing the extension name and enabling bookmarks - must remember to give that a try!