Shuffle losing space w iTunes

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

krc5210

I have a 2nd generation iPod Shuffle. The first two times I loaded it up almost all the disc space was used. I had reserved 0% for data. Starting with the third load, roughly 1/9 of the total space was unused, thereby storing about 3 CDs’ less worth of music. I checked the amount reserved for data, still 0%. I auto-filled everything again from my chosen directory, still the same problem. I also then restored to the factory settings hoping that starting from scratch would eliminate the problem but no luck with that either. Other than this issue, the Shuffle works perfectly in every way. Has anybody had a problem like this?

Sid32

Plug the shuffle in without itunes running. It should show up as a USB stick. Browse it and look for files outside of the hidden itunes dir. Delete any files taking up space. Add again.

You know you can't judge the space on a shuffle by amount of albums it fits. Different mp3s are different sizes. If you add bigger sized songs you will fit less on the player.

Sid32

Of course you can stop using itunes and manually mange it with ishuffle.