Shuffle & Album skits

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

PHiX

I don't know about many of you people, but I have quite a lot of hiphop albums on my iPod... and hiphop albums (unfortunately) come with at least a couple of skits each. When setting my iPod on shuffle I often get to hear a lot of skits I don't feel like hearing, is there a possibility to have your iPod only play songs > 1 minute?

Of course I can hear people think "why don't you remove the damn skits?"... yeah well, when I listen to an entire album I want to hear those skits as well. Besides that it's a pain in the ### to go through every album trying to eliminate the skits.

I really hope some day there'll be an iPod with will enable you to script certain play modes. :D

jedk

Make a Playlist with all of your hip hop albums (make the Playlist without the skit tracks). Then shuffle this Playlist on the iPod to avoid hearing the skits (go to Settings -> Shuffle -> Songs then select a song from the Playlist to begin shuffling).

MartyMcPod

I love hip hop, but I hate those stupid ### skits, no matter how funny they are. I want hip hop, not stupid crap.

I like albums that have intros at the end of the previous track, instead of how Wu Tang does it, in the beginning of every song. I always find myself FF'ing thru it.

And no, you can't tell the ipod to only play songs longer than 1 minute.

CryingWolf

Have iPod will Cruise
Sounds like smart playlists could help. Ok in the comment field put skit on all your skits. Smart playlist > comment does not contain > skit

blazzinmatt

Happy Holidays
Website
www.thelastpageonthenet.com
Go to Smart Playlist --> Select Time --> Greater than 1 minute

That should work for what you need. You can slo add different conditions such as artist or album if you so desire.

xluben

I have made Skit-less Playlists for single genres and for single artists. And I also have made playlists with multiple artists, but I cannot get rid of the skits in these playlists. The problem is that when you want the playlist to have more than one artist you must choose "match ANY of the following conditions" and if you do this and also have time>1:00 as a condition it will include any song that is greater than 1 minute no matter what the artist is. And if you choose "match ALL of the following conditions" you get 0 songs in your playlist because no songs have all the artists you chose listed as "artist".

Is there any way to make a multiple artist (or multiple album, genre, etc) AND skit-free (time constrained) playlist?