should we call new ipods 4th Gen?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

thesexybeast

technically they are 4th generation of ipods right? same design dont really matter cus 1st and 2nd have the same look.

noryen

I still consider them 3rd Gens.

Think about it, are we goign to refer to every capacity upgrade as a new gen? What if Apple introduces a 60GB model to accompany the 10, 20, & 40 in it's current lineup. Are we going to call that the 5th gen? While still calling the lower capacity models 4th gens?? That's just silly!

Jackonicko

Retired
No. Technically they are still gen 3. They just have more data on their HDs. Its like the difference between a Gen 1 5 GB iPod and a Gen 1 10 GB MacPod.

First and Second gen didn't have 'the same look'.

Gen 1 had a moving scrollwheel and a plastic top. Gen 1s consisted of the 5 GB iPod and the 10 GB MacPod.

Gen 2 had a non-moving trackpad wheel and a steel top with a Firewire port protector.

Gen 3 has the non-moving trackpad wheel, the new touch sensitive buttons in a row, a new separated earbud/remote connector, provision for the dock, and the new enclosure, with a single white layer on the front, and rounded edges.

thesexybeast

good explaination Jackonicko, i never had gen 1 or gen 2, so i didnt know there were that much difference. talking about gen 2, it doesnt have the moving scroll???? so it's like gen3's touch sensitive wheel?

ZoidbergD

Jackonicko said:
Gen 3 has the non-moving trackpad wheel, the new touch sensitive buttons in a row, a new separated earbud/remote connector, provision for the dock, and the new enclosure, with a single white layer on the front, and rounded edges.
Every iPod model has pretty much the same plastic "face", which is a clear layer of lucite over a layer of white plastic. The only difference with the 3G's is that the edges of the layer of clear plastic wrap over the corners, as opposed to the 1G and 2G's having sharp corners where you can actually see the layers of plastic.

huggies

Website
www.dumbplaylists.com
thesexybeast said:
good explaination Jackonicko, i never had gen 1 or gen 2, so i didnt know there were that much difference. talking about gen 2, it doesnt have the moving scroll???? so it's like gen3's touch sensitive wheel?
that's right