Should this forum be closed/merged?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Interpol

Now that the iPod line has been consolidated, is there any use in keeping the iPod and iPod Photo forums separate?

iPhilosopher

Interpol said:
Now that the iPod line has been consolidated, is there any use in keeping the iPod and iPod Photo forums separate?
It may be good to keep them seperate for the benefit of those who own the iPod Photos made before the iPod lines were merged.

Interpol

Why? Functionally they are exactly the same as current 4G iPods. The firmware is also the same.

Besides, people discuss 1G, 2G, and 3G iPods in the main iPod forum. I fail to see what the difference is.

Interpol

Again...why?

The 'old' iPod Photo works exactly the same as the 'new' 4G color iPods. The only difference is the few accessories the old model comes with.

Annihil8or

Down South Lounger
churnopol said:
ipod photos should now be refered as "ipods with color screens"
Noooo, Now everyone that owns iPod photo's are part of an exclusive club, everyone in the world is soon gonna have iPod's with color screen's, but they'll never have an iPod Photo :cool:

iPinkFloyd

Annihil8or said:
Noooo, Now everyone that owns iPod photo's are part of an exclusive club, everyone in the world is soon gonna have iPod's with color screen's, but they'll never have an iPod Photo :cool:
Exactly!

There should be a photo forum, black & white forum, and color screen forum.

With the advent of iPod w/ color screen, iPod photos did not dissapear from earth. They are different!

And where would the black and white iPod users (snicker) have a place to chat with other black and white users?

mrogers

(2*b) || !(2*b);
Website
3xmk.com
I think it would be best just to have the general iPod forum for discussion of features common to ALL iPods (i.e., music playback), and then an iPod Color forum for discussion specifically pertaining to features only the color/photo iPods have (album art, photo storage, etc). No, the iPod Photo forum should not remain simply because they have a different name than the current lineup -- they're mechanically and electrically identical.

Interpol

iPinkFloyd said:
With the advent of iPod w/ color screen, iPod photos did not dissapear from earth. They are different!
Mind explaining how they are different, aside from the name?

Try this: take a 60GB iPod Photo and a 'new' 60GB 4G iPod, both updated to the current firmware revision, and have someone mix them up behind their back. I'll bet you $1000 you won't be able to tell the difference between the two without looking at the serial number.

They are the SAME. Plain and simple.

Last edited:

irregularjoe

Absolutely not!
Why would it be.
Does the hall monitor have nothing better to do than suggest closures?
I don't get it!

iPinkFloyd

Interpol said:
I'll bet you $1000 you won't be able to tell the difference between the two without looking at the serial number.
1000 bucks, eh?

No, I see what you are saying. How could I be so naive?

So what did they do, just put a different size drive in the iPod photo?

Zap

Mac Zealot
iPinkFloyd said:
Exactly!

There should be a photo forum, black & white forum, and color screen forum.

And where would the black and white iPod users (snicker) have a place to chat with other black and white users?
wehn apple was selling 30gb ipod with color display( once call ipod photo) they DID not call them iPod photos, at least teh shcould rename the forum if not merge it with iPod forum

mrogers

(2*b) || !(2*b);
Website
3xmk.com
iPinkFloyd said:

So what did they do, just put a different size drive in the iPod photo?
Thank you! You get a cookie! Finally someone sees the light. This really isn't that complicated, people.

Daveoc64

At a minimum this forum should become "iPod with color display" (like on Apple Discussions).

If you want to go further I would merge this forum with the "iPod" forum.

MikeM

Retired
The forums have been altered slightly. The old iPod photo forums are now iPod (Color/Photo) and the old iPod forums are now iPod (Black & White).

Jackonicko

Retired
Surely the 'top of the list' forum should be one that includes all iPods - most of the threads are, after all, applicable to all iPod models, and there is no need for separate colour screen/BW screen forums, surely?

These fora have become stupidly fragmented, making it too time consuming to visit and read new posts.

Stupidity!