• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Should I upgrade to Macbook 12? Have mid-2012 Macbook Pro.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ipooedmyself

College student & web publisher looking for a lighter device with a better battery life.

I have a mid-2012 Macbook Pro, 13 inch, 512 GB (and full of my photos). Battery life is terrible.

I'm lusting over the Macbook 12, Rose Gold, 256 GB (can't swing the upgrade for GB).

Battery life on my mid-2012 Pro is really annoying, lasts maybe a few hours.
It's a rather heavy laptop too.

I figure with the Rose Gold 12, I'll have to store my photos on OneDrive/Google Drive and just use hard drive for apps.

Mostly looking to do college stuff in the Rose Gold 12, with a little web publishing and light web dev & web publishing it.

Is it worth the upgrade (downgrade) for me?

cjmnews

Staff member
Could you get the 512 GB if you get last year's model?

It looks like they still have the older ones, but have not priced them differently so that may not help.

It is a tough call as the MacBook as the screen is smaller (though with better resolution), the CPU is slower (though it may be equivalent to what you have now) and the reduce disc space.

I would be considering the MacBook Air with the upgrade to 512. The biggest downside to that is the pixels on the screen shrinks compared to the Pro, but for you it is not a downside as you'll get more pixels than you currently have. Plus with the lower initial price the 512 GB may be attainable and stay in your budget.