should i trade my 60 gig photo for the new iPod???

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

miklehems

ok, so I bought my 60GB iPod last week, and now the new iPod has been released. I'm now debating whether or no to do the old switcheroo and get the new iPod. Any thoughts you guys could share with me to aid me in my decision? (which i feel is an important one :) )

Interpol

My thoughts:

Does your current iPod do what you want it to do? Does the new iPod have features you wish you had?

If your answer to the first question is Yes, then keep your 60GB. If your answer to the second question is Yes, then exchange it.

Simple, isn't it?

kornchild2002

Follow Interpol's advice. At first I was really impressed with the new iPods. They are inexpensive compared to other portable video players (they really are, a 20GB Archos goes for $499), have better battery life, and have design improvements (thin and light weight). After looking at them for quite some time, I am still impressed but not enough to sell my 4G 40GB iPod.

If you are currently happy with your 60GB color iPod, then keep it. If you feel you NEED the video features (even though you have to pay an high price of $1.99 per music video) then get the new iPod.

ayn

Website
blog.andrewng.com
It's quite a bit thinner, but it doesn't support firewire... If I were you I would wait til the 80GB... I am upgrading from a 4g 40gb to the 5g 60gb because I needed the higher capacity for quite some time, been holding off until it becomes thinner... Since you already have the 4g 60GB, u probably dont mind its size... capacity is the same, video playback probably doesn't make much sense to most people... so I wouldn't upgrade if I were you...

--Andrew

Quasipodo

ayn said:
It's quite a bit thinner, but it doesn't support firewire... If I were you I would wait til the 80GB...
--Andrew
I'm really bummed about them NOT supporting Firewire. I have an older G4 at home and a the same at the office... neither have more than USB 1... I can always buy a USB 2.0 card for the home G4, but damn how the hell am I gonna shuffle files back and forth from the office?? Sigh... maybe there'll be an adapter of some sort.

miklehems

thanx guys, i've decided to keep my present pod, however, i returned it and re-bought it for 90 bucks less at future shop! couldn't be happier...thanx for all the input :)