Sharing Contacts and Calendars

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Steveromo

I posted this question a few years ago but I'm trying again in the event recent updates have solved this... Me and my wife both have iphone 7's. Currently we use the same Apple ID on both. This enables us to share our contacts and calendars. If either of us adds a contact or event, it immediately appears on both phones. Very convenient with our busy schedules. However, sharing one Apple ID causes some problems as well. I'd love to be able to have independent Apple ID's but keep the instant updates for contacts and calendars. PLEASE NOTE: Having to "invite" calendar events or manually send new contacts to each other is NOT an option. They must update automatically. Can this be done? If not, can the folks at Apple please find a way? We're not the only family of apple product users that need info automatically synced across multiple devices. Thanks for any replies!

cjmnews

Staff member
It is not possible to share contacts and calendars with multiple Apple IDs which is why I also use the same Apple ID with my family.

You might be able to do this with an app, but you would have to allow the app servers to have your contacts and calendar information so that it could be shared. Unless the servers allow for a key to encrypt the data that only your two phones share (physical proximity limitations to share the key), I wouldn’t use that app.