Sharing between Mac & PC

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Sosha

Just got a MacBook, and want to be able to access my iTunes library on my PC. I've checked the proper boxes under prefs (look for shared libraries, share my library, entire library, no password) on both machines. The PC can see the Mac, but the Mac can't see the PC. :eek: I've unchecked, closed, opened, rechecked, closed, opened, etc, until I'm blue in the face,

Yes, both machines are authorized,

Any advice?

Sosha

Well, it still won't share, even with the firewall turned off.

Other ideas?

Sosha

Anyone?

I've sent a help request into Apple, but you know how well that works ;-)

bobb-mini

Insanely Sarcastic
While yer waiting for Apple...

I dunn know much about MACs, but on PCs (Win2000 and after including XP, specially Vista) another client has to be given explicit permission to access them. The no-password part bothers me.

Sosha

bobb-mini said:
While yer waiting for Apple...

I dunn know much about MACs, but on PCs (Win2000 and after including XP, specially Vista) another client has to be given explicit permission to access them. The no-password part bothers me.
Thanx, Bobb....I added in a password, but the PC is still not giving the Mac permission to see iTunes.

The Mac is playing nice and sharing IT'S toys, and the PC is still being selfish.