sex pistols vs the ramones

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ramones vs sex pistols

• ramones

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • sex pistols

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • both are crap

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters

Doug Gilmour

Intelligentleman
Website
www.last.fm
RainyBear said:
Wow, so important there'd be no such thing as music without them.:rolleyes:

Talk about thinking before you post...
Though I don't particularly like the 'Pistols, they did influence many important future bands. The Smiths (possibly the most important band from the UK that came after the SPs), XTC, The Libertines, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club to name a few..

-Dan

rogermexico

Calling BMRC "important" is a stretch, i'n'it? ;)

There are a lot of things you have to have listened to first to get much out of them.

But now that you mention, what do you think of the new record?

Doug Gilmour

Intelligentleman
Website
www.last.fm
rogermexico said:
Calling BMRC "important" is a stretch, i'n'it? ;)

There are a lot of things you have to have listened to first to get much out of them.

But now that you mention, what do you think of the new record?
Nah, I wouldn't consider them too important yet, they're a decent band, but not my favourite. I should have clarified that XTC and The Smiths were the important bands I was referring to.

I actually have Howl, but haven't given it a listen yet..

-Dan

papa_t

Website
tleaf.net
i've listened to both ever since 1977 and have to say the ramones have given me more pleasure (and still do).
they should've boken up after the live album though, after phil spector they went downhill fast.
and yes, both were important in terms of their influence on what followed.

:)

casa~la~rocka

candy cane child
Totally OT: Sid Vicious (Sex Pistols) beats out Dee Dee Ramone in terms of living up to the perfect rock 'n' roll cliche. He:

A) consumed massive amounts of drugs (heroin, I believe).

B) had a psychotic groupie-girlfriend that he murdered while in a drug-induced haze (actually, it's still disputed whether or not he actually killed her but I think he did). We'll never really know because he,

C) OD'd before he could come clean (no pun intended) about the whole thing. He lived fast, died young.

Dee Dee Ramone also lived the same way but he hung on much longer. He died in his early 50's. He also went out sans murder rap.

So to make a long story short, The Sex Pistols beat the Ramones hands down by one (alleged) murder in the first.

Doug Gilmour

Intelligentleman
Website
www.last.fm
casa~la~rocka said:
Totally OT: Sid Vicious (Sex Pistols) beats out Dee Dee Ramone in terms of living up to the perfect rock 'n' roll cliche. He:

A) consumed massive amounts of drugs (heroin, I believe).

B) had a psychotic groupie-girlfriend that he murdered while in a drug-induced haze (actually, it's still disputed whether or not he actually killed her but I think he did). We'll never really know because he,

C) OD'd before he could come clean (no pun intended) about the whole thing. He lived fast, died young.

Dee Dee Ramone also lived the same way but he hung on much longer. He died in his early 50's. He also went out sans murder rap.

So to make a long story short, The Sex Pistols beat the Ramones hands down by one (alleged) murder in the first.
But to be a "rock 'n roller" you need to know how to play your instrument...

I'd rather listen to Public Image Ltd. (formed from Lydon, Levene, Wobble) than both of these. Though I think I'd rather listen to both than the Ramones. However, I'd also pick Patti Smith and Television over them for NY Punk.

-Dan

Last edited:

Nader172

t3h ul71m473 h4xX0r!!1!
Sorry to revive an old forum. After searching for 'Ramones' on the search bar, I couldn't help but take this poll.

My vote went to The Ramones

kookadams

This is ####ing ridiculous! The Sex Pistols weren't even a real band!!
The Ramones were the most brilliant rock group since the Beach Boys-
R A M O N E S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much idiocy in the world today, christ.
/josh

kookadams

The Sex Pistols were like the Monkees of the 70s. I'm not saying I don't like the Monkees cuz I like them very much, but sid vicious's notoriety was based on his dirtbag image, I mean the dude didnt' even play for ####s sake!!