Sennheiser Sport Series OMX70 Review

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Piarco75

scousePod
I've ordered a pair of the Sennheiser OMX70 essentially off the back of the review here at iLounge - I was looking for some gym suitable headphones and was going to see if the EX81's were better than the EX71's, but these fit the bill - and I'd rather not chance it with the Sony's! And a heck of a lot cheaper than the B&O A8's which I was seriously contemplating.

I went for the OMX70's as they do look to be the more practical solution IMHO, I haven't used a band type headphone since the walkman days (even if they are behind the head) and the flexi-wrap version... well I just don't see much point in it.

So they arrived this morning and I've given them a quick test, but feel sure enough in my opinion to post it right away...

Fit: Very comfortable around the ear, but the ear bud requires some testing of various positions to get the best sound/comfort ratio. I have to extend the the earbud to its maximum length, and this gives me a comfy fit and excellent sound. I tried the bigger rubber attachments but they are fairly huge and prevented the earbud even getting close to my ear canal!

Build & Design: Seems to be pretty good. Nice angled jack (not gold plated), nice thick cabling to the y-split at which point the cables get thinner which is a bit of a shame. I like thick cables to reduce cable noise (my ER-6i's drove me nuts because of their thin cables). And as mentioned before, the actual "clips" are very comfy being a nice soft rubber. They look great as a whole, fitting the sporty ethos completely. The clip is welcome for cable management in the gym, and it rotates too, meaning its not likely to detatch due to a sudden change in cable direction. And as you can see from the last picture match the green Apple nano armband perfectly!

Sound Quality: Onto the biggy. I think they sound excellent considering they aren't canal 'phones! They do everything I like in a headphone: nice solid bass (a BIG boost over the Apple Earuds) which isn't muddy in the slightest. Midrange is clear (obviously not as detailed as some of the more expensive headphones) and treble is nice and crisp - not overly bright or hissy - which is what I consider unforgivable in a headphone. I really am impressed with them, and they knock my other non-canal buds (v-Moda remix M's) for six. After a burn in period I expect them to sound even better...

So, onto the pictures!

In their Packing...

Opened & Contents...

Earbud Up Close...

Headphones & Nano in Armband...

Last edited:

3is

headphones

so how well did they work during your workouts? any long distance running tests? I sweat like a pig and actually get shocked by most earbud headphones....yea...not fun.

jonny mac

64 ohms is a pretty high impedance for earbuds. How is the volume on these?

Piarco75

scousePod
3is:
They work great in workouts - since I figured out the best fit for me, they never move. They've been tested 2 weekends ago during the BUPA Capital 10km run, when it was a rather toasty 29c - not the greatest for running and most definitely sweat inducing ;) .... they stuck on my ears as they were supposed to. Bit of a result now I've tested them fully!

jonny mac:
It is high, but the volume is more than acceptable for me. In my gym there is a loud music system pumping out dance music, and the OMX70's at 80% volume keep out the external music so I can listen to my own music just fine. As an example of what voume I find acceptable for most occasions, both my Griffin EarThumps and Shure e2c's are used at around 55-60% volume.