Sending files using EphPod?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

couchpotato

Banned
Website
couchpotato.ca
Who ever makes EphPod (very talented person!!!) should have it so ephpod can send files like zip, exe and mpg to the iPod.
It has a slick interface and tells you how fast files are going...
Even more so is I just can't send files using windows explorer but I can send music with ephpod...??? GO EPHPOD!!!

hype

Why can't you send files using Windows Explorer? Don't you simply drag and drop?

Jyunte

Southern California, by way of London England
You can send files to your iPod using Windows Explorer, by dragging and dropping them from their location on your PC to a folder on your iPod.

But, if the files you're dragging and dropping are music files that you want to have available for playing on your iPod, simply dragging and dropping them will not work.

The iPod uses an internal database to store the information about your music files. Programs like ephPod, XPlay, MC9 and MMJB all update the database when they transfer the music files to the iPod's hard drive. The programs read the ID3 Tags from the MP3 files and propogate the iPod's database with the information contained in the tags. If you simply drag and drop files from your PC to the iPod's hard drive using Windows Explorer, the database does not get updated. The files will be there (which is how you use the iPod's hard drive as an external hard drive for storage purposes), but the iPod's internal software knows nothing about them.

hype

Jyunte, what couchpotato is saying that he cant drag and drop other media files such as .avi and other documents using Windows Explorer. I have not heard of this happening before though.

If you dont have many songs on your iPod or they are all backed up, I would 'restore' your iPod and try again. Maybe the file structire is screwed.