• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

seeking "test" audience for an h.264 "ipod ready" remix video

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

indiworks

Website
stationvideo.blogspot.com
maybe someone lucky enough to have one of the new video ipods could be so nice and test if my h.264 encoded music video, the "stationvideo", really is "ipod ready" as i hope, since i encoded it via final cut express and not quick time pro and the new "ipod ready" setup...

what i can offer you in return for your effort is - hopefully - an interesting film noir remix/mash-up videoclip we did (we released it under a "creative commons" license...). since i only just registered i can't post our blog's webadress, but maybe one of the admins could contact me and i'll mail them the link and they can post it if they feel it's ok...?

thanks for listening,

indiworks

indiworks

Website
thank you!

thanks for linking...! yes, it's the second one with "stationvideo" in it...

btw: the h.264 encoded version is the one listed on the right hand side in the linklist: "> extra: an h.264...".

and you might have to be a bit patient with the archive.org download starting up (but it always works...!)

indiworks

indiworks

Website
has anyone tried the h.264 encoded version of our video on a new video ipod...?

has anyone here downloaded and tried the h.264 version of our video on his/her new video ipod...? i really would like to know if this works and/or if anything could be improved (when encoding while exporting from final cut express i chose the suboption "baseline only", since i read something about that on one site, but i still don't know what this now means for playback on a real video ipod - the video looks quite ok on the computerscreen, much better than the "normal" .mp4 encoded version, although the file is only slightly larger).

please post a short reply to this thread or mail me if you had a chance to test the "stationvideo" on your video ipod - i really would like to know since the ipod seems to be very interesting for indie productions like ours...

if you have a blog or website and want to be linked from our site: we could do a special posting with mentioning/linking to all those people who have successfully "tested" the h.264 version of the "stationvideo" on their video ipdod...?!

thanks,

indiworks

madmaxmedia

Website
www.madmaxmedia.com
It works great! Video and sound are both working on the iPod, and the video is in good quality.

Haven't really watched the vid in detail yet (wanted to post back quickly), but really cool video!

indiworks

Website
thanks madmaxmedia!

thank you madmaxmedia for your testing/feedback! it's really great to know that one can make a video, do a web only distribution and people from other continents of the world now can watch it on their video ipods... wow...! :)

please let me know if you want to be linked from our site...!

indiworks