• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Security

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

chinieman2002

The Beginning of A Book
Don't know why, but I want it to to be able to put up an option in which requires you to put in a pin number at start. It would be confusing, but i'd be hapier if i knew it was safe from people who are too curious and just wanted to use it with out my knowledge.

MOCKBA

Website
mediachest.sourceforge.net
I think it's a useful option, especially that ipod can take care of some functions of PDA. There is one problem, since iPod doesn't have keyboard, your pin code will be visible, so you need to be careful when enter it. I hope the functionality will be added in 2.03.

chinieman2002

The Beginning of A Book
i think it should be more like of a key order like, FFW, PLAY/Pause, Stop, Play/Pause.

That's what i meant, keyboard not really neccessairy

ephraim

Do you have confidential music on there or something? If someone's got your iPod in their hands and you don't know about it, it's as good as stolen anyway, isn't it?

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
who cares if they use it or not. And what's with "be careful when you enter the pin" as if someone would really stand over your shoulder while you secretly access your mp3 database lol.

chinieman2002

The Beginning of A Book
True,

I don't have confidential music, although i have lots of music that my parents don't want me to listen. And if i ever forget it at home, they can't go swooping through my files and see what i'm listening to.

wet marble

They should make it a scroll padlock type interface. eg. right to 32, left to 15, right to 29.

I don't really care about the security of my mp3 files, but I would like to protect my contact info and calenday info, not to mention, I'd like to screw any would be thieves.

iamaustin

Website
www.austina.net
deftdrummer1 said:
who cares if they use it or not. And what's with "be careful when you enter the pin" as if someone would really stand over your shoulder while you secretly access your mp3 database lol.

You should read carefully, he is saying that if you store information such as your PIN number in your ipod, then when your ipod is stolen, the theif will know your PIN number.

ephraim

Er, no, I'm pretty sure he was suggesting that the iPod should (optionally) require a PIN to make it work, not that the iPod should be used to store PINs for other things.

musicroom

Hello, Thanks for reading
Website
www.morronesfxp.biz
Well PIN would be usefull if you want privacy, but aint the ipod for one user only? Also if you had stolen the ipod, the person who stole it and then sells it to someone else, will just wait until the battery drains, and all info erased, and if it has a backup of somekind, someone will make a proggie to get the PIN out of the ipod when connected to the computer.

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
how did this subject get to the point at which thiefs would develop a program to extract ipod pin's so that they can go on a wide scale ipod thieving operation? calm down you people.

dextercrabtree

it would also be cool if the made some sort of voice Recognition since they have voice recording capabilitys :D