second gen iPod touch 32GB for $250 at Bestbuy.ca

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

kwk1

Ha! I just ordered one myself, heck of a price.

People on Red Flag Deals are saying it's a pricing error and all the orders will be cancelled.

It would be nice to get a great deal for once, I hope it goes through.

ipodlover29

Registered iLounger
kwk1 said:
Ha! I just ordered one myself, heck of a price.

People on Red Flag Deals are saying it's a pricing error and all the orders will be cancelled.

It would be nice to get a great deal for once, I hope it goes through.
Yeah I thought it was an error also, its too good to be true. I called best buy online customer service and the guy didnt say anything about an error. He also said as long as I purchase it while the status it out of stock before october 2nd I should get it at that price. Only if it says sold out then I wont get it at the sale price. Im gonna try going into a store and get them to price match it. It doesnt show this price on the flyer but also doesnt say the price is for online only.

kwk1

I just received this e-mail from Bestbuy.

"Your order xxxxxxx was successfully processed today. We will ship each item as it becomes available at no extra cost. You will be charged for each item you purchased at the time we ship them. In addition we will send you a new ship notice email as each item ships from our facilities."

I'm expecting a cancellation e-mail next, but who knows.

ipodlover29

Registered iLounger
Yeah I just spoke to customer service again. She said its an error and they dont have to honour it which is stated on their website. She said though that they might give us something for the error maybe a gift card. Should be recieving an email within the next few hours or days to state it was an error and to cancel the order if we like.

kwk1

Well, the cancellation e-mail came just as I expected it would.

They did however include a $25 electronic giftcard for the inconvenience.

So I'm not totally annoyed.:cool:

Clumsy

That kinda of stuff happened to me once.

The item was the HD-DVD addon for the XBox 360 when it just came out. The retail price was 199.99$ but was listed as 99.99$ on Futureshop. I knew something was wrong, so I decided to buy 4 of them and I chose "shipping" instead of pick up. Then I realized that I better pick up before they would realize the error, so I ordered 4 more. The next day, I went to the store and pick the 4 I have order for pick up. Everything went through with no problem. Then when I got home, I received an e-mail that all my 8 HD-DVD players orders were canceled, but I was still lucky to have picked 4 of them!

Made a couple of $ out of it on eBay which is nice. Some of you will hate me, but c'mon, money is what matters these days.

ipodlover29

Registered iLounger
Yeah I got the email for the $25 digital dollars also. Kinda wish it was a gift card so I could use it in the store without having to pay for shipping. I tried to do in the store pickup or get a price match in store but they realized their error before the stores opened.

Stereobot

I wouldn't just settle for the $25 gift certificate, even if it is a pricing error they still have to honor that price, otherwise they could be accused of "Bait & Switch" which is an illegal business practice in the U.S.

They might have a disclaimer somewhere in the website that might protect them from pricing errors, but I would hang on to your confirmation numbers of the successful purchase of the iPod and NOT accept the $25 gift certificate and then demand they honor the advertised price.

If you have accepted the $25 gift certificate then you are S.O.L.

My guess is that Best Buy knows they have to honor the advertised price and are buying people off with the $25 gift certificate, why else are they offering it? To be nice? Ha!

The $25 gift certificate probably comes with a clause stating that you agree that the original iPod Touch order is voided now.

(edit) I'm not a lawyer, I just know the Law & Order theme song. Also, I worked at a Comp USA and have seen situations like this come up on occasion. Also, I know what a corporation / customer buy-off is when I see it.

Last edited:

kwk1

Stereobot said:
I wouldn't just settle for the $25 gift certificate, even if it is a pricing error they still have to honor that price, otherwise they could be accused of "Bait & Switch" which is an illegal business practice in the U.S.

They might have a disclaimer somewhere in the website that might protect them from pricing errors, but I would hang on to your confirmation numbers of the successful purchase of the iPod and NOT accept the $25 gift certificate and then demand they honor the advertised price.

If you have accepted the $25 gift certificate then you are S.O.L.

My guess is that Best Buy knows they have to honor the advertised price and are buying people off with the $25 gift certificate, why else are they offering it? To be nice? Ha!

The $25 gift certificate probably comes with a clause stating that you agree that the original iPod Touch order is voided now.

(edit) I'm not a lawyer, I just know the Law & Order theme song. Also, I worked at a Comp USA and have seen situations like this come up on occasion. Also, I know what a corporation / customer buy-off is when I see it.

Do you think I would rather have a $25 giftcard than a 32g touch for cheap?

As you said, you are not a lawyer, and laws are also not always the same in Canada as they are in the USA.

The giftcard is electronic, it only gets used when you purchase something on-line .
So, it hasn't been technically used yet.

Please read this disclaimer from the Bestbuy Canada website:

5. MISPRINTS AND ERRORS, PRODUCT AVAILABILITY AND PRICES

Best Buy endeavours to provide current and accurate information on the Website. However, misprints, errors, inaccuracies, omissions (including incorrect specifications for products) or other errors may sometimes occur. Best Buy cannot guarantee that products and services advertised on the Website will be available when ordered or thereafter. Best Buy does not warrant that the content of the Website including, without limitation, product descriptions or photographs, is accurate or complete.

Best Buy reserves the right to: (a) correct any error, inaccuracy or omission at any time without prior notice or liability to you or any other person; (b) change at any time the products and services advertised or made available for sale on the Website, the prices, fees, charges and specifications of such products and services, any promotional offers and any other Website content without any notice or liability to you or any other person; (c) reject, correct, cancel or terminate any order, including accepted orders for any reason and (d) limit quantities available for sale or sold.

The advertisements on the Website are invitations to you to make offers to purchase products and services on the Website and are not offers to sell. All prices and other amounts appearing on the Website are quoted in Canadian dollars.

Okay, now please give me anymore wise words of wisdom, so I can purchase my 32G iPod touch from Bestbuy.ca for only $250. I know you're not a lawyer, but surely you can guide me through this.

Thanks again for all your help Stereobot,;)

Regards,
KWK1