Screensaver

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

RatherPlayHalo

Website
www.fansforscript.com
Is there a way to prevent the clock screensaver from starting during playback on the Classic? I wish it would just be a dimmer version of the album artwork, artist, title, etc. like on my 2G Nano.

drewhiggins

Not yet after several updates is there a way to turn it off.

It's apparently has it there to increase battery life. You can put the backlight to Always On and it won't come up, or increase the Backlight time to longer. But then battery life takes a serious hit - and from the 24-30 hours you'd get usually on a single charge you get around 5-8 hours.

If anyone knows otherwise throw your hat into the ring!

paranoidxe

I never really understood the hate of it. Is it really that difficult to put your finger on the click wheel to see what song you are on?

reneipod

jasoncordelle said:
Yeah, I am with you - I don;t get why people find it so hard to touch the clickwheel.
Sometimes when I reach over to touch the click wheel to see what is playing, I get this really bad cramp in my finger and makes it almost unbearable to perform the act. A little ben ### later and few ibuprofens, I am good to go.

Cold Irons

Cause if my fingers are on the keyboard touch-typing & I want to glance at the iPod to see a song name ore something, its a real pain.

I keep my backlight on - works fine for regular work days, tho' I worry about the number of battery cycles/life-cycle. Forgot to turn it off on my last coast-to-coast flight & barely had enough juice to get to CA.