Screen turns off after 1 minute inactivity. Normal?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

eqblues

Blue since the 70's
Does the new Nano have a sleep feature that I wasnt aware of?

My screen seems to turn off completely after one minute of inactivity. The backlight is set to turn off after 5 seconds, but I was under the impression that the screen was still active, yet unlit. I realized this is not the case. The screen is blank, as it is when the Nano is off.

Im not sure if this is the way things have been since I got it or if its something that just started happening.

Is it like this for you other 4th gen Nano users? or is it only mine?

Last edited:

AmazingDM

yes normal/sleep mode

you can turn energy mode off though.. it'll display a clock

eqblues

Blue since the 70's
AmazingDM said:
you can turn energy mode off though.. it'll display a clock
Best news I heard all day. Thanks for easing my mind about it.

How exactly do I turn off energy saving mode? Ive looked in the settings and cant find anything.

AmazingDM

eqblues said:
Best news I heard all day. Thanks for easing my mind about it.

How exactly do I turn off energy saving mode? Ive looked in the settings and cant find anything.

Yeah I hate having things nagging in my mind. I had to take my last one back (Actually was my 2nd one) because of little teeny teeny tiny paint chips and a microscopic scratch. The first one had dust under the screen so I took that back 5 mins after opening it.

Err I can't remember which menu but it's definitely in one of the menus. Probably settings> general

Ooh playback.. yeah that's odd

eqblues

Blue since the 70's
AmazingDM said:
I had to take my last one back (Actually was my 2nd one) because of little teeny teeny tiny paint chips and a microscopic scratch. The first one had dust under the screen so I took that back 5 mins after opening it.
It sounds like you were lucky they took both those iPods back. The dust under the screen issue seems like a good reason, but the tiny paint chips could have been used against you by the Apple "genius", saying that you dropped the iPod and refusing an exchange.

AmazingDM

I used other reasons they couldn't argue with.. but sadly the paintchips and scratch was actually what bothered me more

they were even going to try charge me a restocking fee both times but I called BS each time and they backed down immediately