Screen protector for jam jackets....

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

torchedlh

i've opted to get a jam jacket over the exo simply because it's cheaper and i hate how the exo docks. anyway, the only thing i don't like about the jam jacket, is that it doesn't have a screen protector. what would be the best thing suited for making a screen protector that would go underneath the jam jacket. i'd prefer it to be reasonably inexpensive (i don't want to spend $20 on PDA protectors..).

would the "shades" for the exo possibly work with the jam jacket?
or how abut clear packaging tape? will it leave an adhesive on the screen or be clear enough to not be too noiceable?

Last edited:

jh-retired

Yeah... the shades might work if you could get them.

Could you cut a square out of Transparency Film and tuck it under the JamJacket?

That's what I've done for several PDA's before--- works great, and it's super cheap (esp if you can "borrow" one from school or office). On PDA's, the film can be tucked under the plastic/metal framing around the screen itself.

torchedlh

azdude_15GB said:
Yeah... the shades might work if you could get them.

Could you cut a square out of Transparency Film and tuck it under the JamJacket?

That's what I've done for several PDA's before--- works great, and it's super cheap (esp if you can "borrow" one from school or office). On PDA's, the film can be tucked under the plastic/metal framing around the screen itself.
what exactly is transparency film? is it like contact paper? or...... my office might have something like that, i'll have to just rummage around.

jh-retired

You know... the slides that teachers write on in grade school for the overhead projector? ... that offices print on in laser printers also for the overhead?

You can get packs in real small quantities at officemax or staples if your office doesn't already have tons.

torchedlh

ok, i know what you're talking about. but how would i got about getting that to adhere to the screen?

jh-retired

I'm assuming the JamJacket is relatively tight?! I may be wrong here. If it is, cut the transparency larger than the screen, and slide it under the case... this wouldn't be a permanent fixture.

torchedlh

i don't think it's that tight......hopefully it's not, as i plan to remove the case each time to dock it...we'll see...

jh-retired

:-/ Hmm... well... are you able to acquire Shades protectors separately? I don't know.