Screen Issues - Turning Black

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Jester

Website
www.sonicdomain.com
Just when everything was going all right, a problem occured. I was driving around this morning and had my iPod along for the ride. It is connected to my car radio via the Belkin FM unit. The iPod was resting peacefuly in it's case. Went to change the current song, when I noticed that part of the screen was black. What the heck would have caused this and has anybody else experienced this problem?

SFNE Freak

Mmm...videos
Website
sfne.com
I notice you live in TX. Was it possibly in intense direct sunlight?

This might not be the problem but I've had problems with LCD's and sunlight in the past.

Jester

Website
www.sonicdomain.com
SFNE Freak said:
I notice you live in TX. Was it possibly in intense direct sunlight?

This might not be the problem but I've had problems with LCD's and sunlight in the past.
Well the iPod sits in a case, so the sun never really hits it. I had the same problem with my cell phone, part of the screen would shade out. My other thought is that it might be heat related.

Kirk

Website
home.socal.rr.com
Anything that prevents heat from dissipating from your iPod will make it warmer than Apple intended. Some cases hold the heat better than others. If your screen is going black, its too hot. Take it out of the case so it can keep its cool.

Jester

Website
www.sonicdomain.com
Kirk said:
Anything that prevents heat from dissipating from your iPod will make it warmer than Apple intended. Some cases hold the heat better than others. If your screen is going black, its too hot. Take it out of the case so it can keep its cool.
Hmmm...this is happening while in an air conditioned car. The iPod goes from my house to the car, to my office. It really never sits around in the heat. Might be time for me to return my iPod. What a hassle....

ike

i've found that my screen is very sensitive to heat (making it darker) and cold even (making it lighter)
it's a 15gig, with apparently the white backlight
(ipodlounge front page news item reports a blue backlight now)

dtnjb3

A "superior" screen dosen't do you much good if it dosen't work right! My suggestion is to get a better player!

-Drew:p

tomnlosangeles

Website
www.cdbaby.com
Ipod 15 gig screen

I just purchased a 15 gig ipod.. the screen was blueish, but it was very dark.. so I had to return it because the contrast was off..

The new one I brought home now is too light! I can't read the screen in normal room lighting, the words aren't dark enough. I tried playing with the contrast, but it doesn't seem to darken the text enough.. I could always read my 10 gig 2nd generation ipod just fine in normal lighting.

Anyone else out there have this problem? Are these new ipods lighter?