Screen icon problem

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Bonk

I just update the software on my mini and now it's showing the Power adapter plugging into wall icon on the screen and it won't go away. But I don't have a power adapter. So how could I make this go away?

cjmnews

Staff member
Plug it into your PC with a high power port (not a hub).

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93936

Excerpt:
Power adapter plugging into wall

This icon appears on the screen during an update or restore that occurs when iPod is connected to the computer via a low or no-power connector. This can include some USB ports and 4-pin FireWire ports. When this appears, disconnect iPod from the computer and connect it to the power adapter. Then plug the power adapter into a power outlet. The update or restore will complete and iPod will restart to the main menu.

the0ne

Had the same problem, I've included the reply to my other post that tells you what I did to fix mine. Let me know if it works for you. Best of luck.

hello everyone! I'm happy to say I found a solution, at least one for me that will hopefully work for everyone else. I read somewhere that it needed to be plugged in to a charger to finish the restore, but it would never work with my usb charging cable on the computer or directly in a wall. It would charge the ipod, just not turn on. What I did was plug it into my fm transmitter that I use to play the ipod through the radio. Just like that I saw it turn on, no problems at all! I heard that the usb cable runs different power then the firewire, so it may work as well. Just thought I would share with everyone, let me know if it works for you as well.

alvin