Scratches on Siver part.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

musichound

Have you scratched your iPod Video?

You know how bad you felt when it was scratched. If you did scratch it please discuss if it aggravated you and the steps you took to restore it. With the onslaught of scratched iPods hopefully we can get ideas on how to restore it as good as new.

n2xe

Audio Evangelist
Website
www.n2xe.com
Sure, mine is all scuffed up and it looks fantastic! iPods acquire character with use--just like humans. Go ahead and use it, just don't abuse it. Be a man and let your iPod go commando for God's sake... it worked for Britany...

musichound

n2xe said:
Sure, mine is all scuffed up and it looks fantastic! iPods acquire character with use--just like humans. Go ahead and use it, just don't abuse it. Be a man and let your iPod go commando for God's sake... it worked for Britany...
See, I have my iPod in a hard case, but I noticed today the center of my click wheel is scratched. I'm starting to feel better already. :)

Nader172

t3h ul71m473 h4xX0r!!1!
I’ve had my iPod in the case for a long time and for the first time I took it out of my case the other day. I was furious; it had a three inch scratch down the side on the front very visible. So I said to myself, heck just let the thing go, I only use my case sometimes so it can build character but I don’t abuse it or anything. I still keep good care of it. Sometimes I think it’s said how kids treat their iPods and I’m in freakin’ high school. People draw on their iPod mini’s and phones with permanent markers. I think it’s quite weird.

Nate

Nickster

GODZILLA!!!111oneone
Website
thenickster.net
I cut mine deep with a key right in the middle of the screen. I'm going to try and fix it this winter break with some brasso, although I don't think I'll be able to completely remove it.

Nader172

t3h ul71m473 h4xX0r!!1!
Nickster said:
I cut mine deep with a key right in the middle of the screen. I'm going to try and fix it this winter break with some brasso, although I don't think I'll be able to completely remove it.
Oh, that’s really harsh. Cutting the iPod with keys right where the screen is. Hope you get that out alright.

Nate

Nickster

GODZILLA!!!111oneone
Website
thenickster.net
Yeah I hope so to. I didn't do it on purpose, I left my keys in my pocket and I was in a rush to get into class and I just through my iPod right into the pocket with my keys. So that was that.

theilliniguy

Is Brasso the preferred polisher for removing "scratches" from the video display window?

ahMEmon

You will get amazing results with Brasso. Just keep in mind that it WILL remove smaller scratches, but only smooth over larger, deeper scratches. As for the metal back, it'll just polish it so the scratches wont be as noticeably, but dont expect magic.

dewie9919

I keep my 60gig 5G in a Toughskin. I personally don't care how any of my iPod looks other than the screen itself. The Toughskin came with a nice hard plastic screen protector that has worked great. It looks like there are a few scuffs on the iPod itself when I remove the case, but who cares really? Like someone above posted, it just adds character. I plan to keep mine in sometype of a case for pretty much it's entire life, so cosmetic scratches don't really matter. The case is made out of rubber, super rugged, and I have dropped it a few times and this case just absorbs the impact. The belt-clip that came with it is rather cheap and I don't use it.

http://www.speckproducts.com/vid-toughskin.html

I also have a 3G that did get a number of scratches on it's screen from the case itself that it was kept in. The case itself had a piece of flexible plastic covering the screen. I was able to take it to a relative who works on jewelery and he was able to smooth out all the scratches on the screen so they were much less noticeable, where you couldn't really see them at all. I should also mention that once he removed the scratches I immediately purchased a film screen cover to protect the screen, which has been great.

Last edited:

pyroboy145

The only reason I want a case is because I usually keep my iPod in the same pocket as my keys. I am not so much concerned about the body as I am the screen.

Nader172

t3h ul71m473 h4xX0r!!1!
I just purchased 3rd Generation from my friend, and I’m using it more than my 5th Generation. You should see how much scratches this baby has. My friend found him in the parking lot two years ago. I bought it from him for 30 dollars and it works great. (so far) This think has more scratches than an abandoned cat, but scratches aren’t that big of an issue if the thing still works.

Nate

proanim8r

Mildly Annoyed/Amused
This should be the 'Embrace Your Scratched iPod' thread. I know to each his own but I always found it odd that some people are so anal about scratching their iPod. I completely understand it if you scratch the screen but anything that gets used as often as an iPod should is going to become dinged and scratched. It's a fact of life. Embrace the scratched iPod!

I hope I didn't offend anyone. That is all.

justblaize

I actually had a power support film over it, I took it off, put the iPod's face on the table and spun it around like crazy to see if they do indeed scratch easily...they do. I only did this because I was replacing my front face plate though :)

fuzzyhair

I've had mine in a sidewinder case since i purchased it. I need to get the dust out from between the screens, but it is in excellent condition. The click wheel button is a tiny bit scratched, but I could care less.

trenzterra

I keep mine in a Tunewear but I noticed that the wheel is starting to get some blemishes. But I've gotten over it.

R.Rogers

Mine's as beautiful as the day Mother Apple delivered her to my door. :)

I have zero scratches or blemishes, and never will. At the same time I bought my ipod, I bought a BestSkinsEver skin. Before even using it once, I applied the skin.

Pretty much invisible, and indistinguishable from a stock ipod.