Saving a podcast

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

wdc202

I have forgotten how to save a podcast on my pc ... and then install it on
my old IPod. Can someone please remind me?

I have iTunes 11.1.1 and I can listen to the podcast. I just don’t see how
to Save the file on my (XP) pc.

cjmnews

Staff member
If you subscribe to the podcast, it is downloaded to your PC.

Then you sync the iPod with the setting to get Podcasts on.

If the file does not appear to be on your PC, try clicking the cloud icon to manually download.

wdc202

Thanks much. I now have the desired podcast in my iTunes Library. But how do I transfer it to the iPod?

In fact, it might be there already. I do not know how to use iTunes to see what's on the iPod!! Nor do I see where the Eject button is on the iTunes screen --- so I can remove the iPod from the pc.

Right now my iPod is connected to my pc and it shows the flashing "Do not discoect" warning.

Sorry to be so klutsy; really appreciate your hand-holding. ...wdc

cjmnews

Staff member
Typically an iPod that always says "Do Not Disconnect" is either in manual mode or disk mode.

If you are in manual mode, you typically drag songs and drop them on your iPod. You can do this with the podcast too.

If you are on disk mode, then music and podcasts could be manually managed like above or automatically sync'd. The iPod can be also be used as a thumb drive.

To get your iPod to disconnect properly, click the Eject button next to the iPod name, and it should disconnect from your computer and the screen will change the message to "OK to disconnect". If it does not, there is an icon on the start bar to Safely Eject devices, click on it, then click on the iPod.

More discussion of various modes here: iPod Connection and Synchronization | iLounge Article
You may need this too: The Beginner’s Guide to iTunes | iLounge Article
This may be a bit out of date but it could help: The Complete Guide to iTunes Books, Podcasts + iTunes U | iLounge Article