• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Samsung customer service

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

a7dk

Hi everyone,

I have something to complain about unfortunately, and since you are all gadget people you may benefit from my experience.

I had a Samsung bluetooth headset for my cell phone that no longer functions, which I figure is not a huge deal since it's still under warranty. However, calling Samsung's customer service is an exercise in futility.

I first called a few months ago and spoke to a gentlemen who was utterly useless for about half an hour who refused to let me speak to a supervisor or anyone else for that matter. I eventually gave up and figured I'd just take the loss and buy a new one, since it's not that expensive anyway. To make a long story less long, I ended up calling again today since the warranty will expire next month and I have never purchased a new unit.

I first had to navigate through the byzantine telephone computer system before I spoke to a person. This person then had to transfer me to the correct department. Upon transferring me, I was disconnected. This happened 3 times!!! Finally my husband called and managed to get a person to stay on the line with him while they transferred and he was miraculously able to get through without being disconnected.

Apparently the person that he spoke to was worlds better than anyone I have yet spoken to, since they eventually agreed to send us a shipping label so that we can send them the item for repair. (They did ask if we would like the $94 next day air shipping, ha-ha, but we settled for free ground shipping since that exceeds the cost of the headset by far.)

So that's my experience with Samsung, who I think I will not buy from ever again if I can avoid it. Just thought you all should know. Anybody have any other experiences, good or bad, to share?

anypats

I haven't had any particular bad experiences with Samsung however one thing to keep in mind is that they have different divisions for different products. Therefore, having had one bad experience does not mean you should necessarily say you will never buy from them again. Their televisions always rate very highly in plasma, LCD, and DLP. I have had Samsung phones before and never had any problems with them.

bobb-mini

Insanely Sarcastic
So what else is new.

Nowadays electronic gadgets are commodity items, u'd lucky if they don't become obsolete in 6 months and they no longer carry it.

U can pretty much apply the same story to company x, y, z and any others.

I didn't learn anything from you. Did u suggest a shortcut, a tip, unpublished Samsung ph# we can use? A rant doesn't do anything for us.

a7dk

bobb-mini said:
So what else is new.

Nowadays electronic gadgets are commodity items, u'd lucky if they don't become obsolete in 6 months and they no longer carry it.

U can pretty much apply the same story to company x, y, z and any others.

I didn't learn anything from you. Did u suggest a shortcut, a tip, unpublished Samsung ph# we can use? A rant doesn't do anything for us.
Actually, it wasn't a rant at all, but a story of what happened. It was intended as a warning that Samsung customer service (at least the division that deals with headsets) is apparently sub-par (yes, I realize this applies to many companies but I've personally dealt with Samsung so that's what I posted about) and possibly save people some amount of hassle, so that if they need to call they know they may need to be more assertive about their issues.
Also, many companies have very good customer service, so I think it's useful to know which ones are which.

There's no need to be rude; I posted in the lounge b/c that's where we're expected to post off-topic stuff.