safe to clean ipod with alcohol?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

crazy4pugs109

im not really sure but cleaning anything you dont wanna take a risk of screwing up with alcohol doesn't really sound like a good idea...just my opinion...

SmokeItOrDie

Website
www.msn.com
I use a CD scratch remover / cleaner on mine. It actually does do a pretty good job of cleaning it up, and it gives me a use for the CD cleaner.

DXiRoNMaN

ipod-upod said:
Bought mine at the Apple Store on Michigan Ave in Chicago.
ok lemme hop in my car and drive up to Chicago :D

i have an Apple store about 40 min away i'll check it out, thanks;)

ipodlover21

what kind of alcohol do you use??
i use these little swab thingies that are soaked in alcohol, and they work miracles on the back. it doesent remove the scratches at all, but it does remove them fingerprints.

AndyH

I use Plexus Plastic Cleaner:
http://www.plexusplasticcleaner.com/plexus.html

They state on their site: "... many people resort to products that are alcohol, ammonia, or petroleum-based. Unfortunately, these products can dry out plastic, leading to cracking and discoloration over time."

I love this stuff for cleaning all sorts of plastic around the house and on my car, highly recommended.

AndyH

DXiRoNMaN said:
is that plastic cleaner good for the back too though?
I use it on the entire iPod. Don't expect it to remove scratches from the back of the iPod though. It's really designed for cleaning plastic, but seems to work fine on the back of the iPod as well.