Sad to see the return of Eminem

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

-James

Website
www.google.co.uk
I actually quite like the ad. The song is a good choice, the advert looks good, and Eminem is a popular artist that would appeal to a lot of people, seeing as hip hop seems to be the most popular music genre atm. In fact, he's actually the only rapper that i have any albums of - the rest of my stuff is metal.

But one question, does he get shot at the end? Or is that just the sound of his mic hitting the ground?

justblaize

-James said:
I actually quite like the ad. The song is a good choice, the advert looks good, and Eminem is a popular artist that would appeal to a lot of people, seeing as hip hop seems to be the most popular music genre atm. In fact, he's actually the only rapper that i have any albums of - the rest of my stuff is metal.

But one question, does he get shot at the end? Or is that just the sound of his mic hitting the ground?
Yes, its the microphone hitting the floor.

Mulv

White 3Gs Are The Way.
To be honest, no one is in the position to say eminem is rubbish etc etc, everyone has their own opinion, but the fact is, you should express it as YOUR opinion and not try and make IMO pathetic jokes about an alleged drug habit. no one is perfect, and what celebrity doesnt take or hasnt taken some kind of recreational drug during their career. whoever dislikes eminem because of drug use or anything related should take a look at their favourite artist/group. its more than likely that they have taken coke or some other substance in the past. so for those who dislike eminem, you are entitled to an opinion but as for commenting about drug use or anything similar, i suggest u keep your opinions to yourself, or at least announce them as your opinion. no one but eminem should have the power to comment on his life.

Cooky

Has anybody actually listened to the song?

"You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go"

Absolutely PERFECT for an iPod advert.

chaos_disorder

Love Eminem or hate him, it doesn't really matter, because from a marketing standpoint, he is EXACTLY what Apple is looking for. He is a very successful artist with enormous crossover appeal whose material teens gobble up. So who better to feature in one of your commercials? U2? I'm sorry, but U2 does NOT appeal to the teenager/young adult market that Apple covets.

smartewun1991

i hope they dont come out with an eminem edition ipod. then i would have to sell my 30 gig photo to get one. eminem is my best friend but thats kinda weird since he doesnt know me! oh well, i can dream of a day that eminem might spit on me! lol

Ipod Monk

I personally dont like the ad.... Either. I mean imagine if they kept the silloutte ads. They would've had the sort of "sponsorship" for new artists, or "not-as-popular-artists" I mean, remember when the played feel good inc. on the commercial? it rose to the top ten on the itunes music store in less than a day. Before that? It wasnt there!

I mean, they have done a U2 silloutte ad, but it just wasnt as awesome as the others.

If they put a band there, some different colors, and just imagine! the drummer would be beating the **** out of the drums, with color splashing everywhere, the lead singer would be leaving colored lines with his guitar, the backgrounds swirling with solid colors, aww that would be awesome.

and all you people that say they put eminem on the commercial cuz he was well known is not true. they put daft punk and others which were NOT worldly known.

Tomo_kun

Pop'N and IIDX
Ehh... Daft punk has had multiple hit songs, they are wordly known (French band, right?)
Around the world, one more time, digital love, just as a few examples.

Do I like eminem? No. Do I like the ad, yes. Its not as great as previous ads, but its not crap.

Ang700

Not the biggest Eminem fan, but the commercial is good. Despite his image, having him do an iPod commercial will reach a bigger fan base. They should have more commercials with other celebrities (country, rock, alternative, etc.) That could only show how iPods are for everybody & not just one group of people. As for the image of the celebrity, let that be at the discretion of the consumer & not reflect on the product. Think about it, if you saw your favorite artist on an iPod commercial, you would be like, "hmmm, they support iPod...hmmmm"

-James

Website
www.google.co.uk
iPod Monk said:
I personally dont like the ad.... Either. I mean imagine if they kept the silloutte ads. They would've had the sort of "sponsorship" for new artists, or "not-as-popular-artists" I mean, remember when the played feel good inc. on the commercial? it rose to the top ten on the itunes music store in less than a day. Before that? It wasnt there!
Well the Gorillaz were pretty well known before that. Not quite as well known as after, but still.

The Caesars, on the other hand, look what it did for them. Nobody would've heard of the Caesars before the shuffle ad, but afterwards they got pretty well known. Jerk It Out became a very popular song.

Mulv

White 3Gs Are The Way.
I have to agree with cooky, LISTEN to the lyrics, thats the whole point of music. His lyrical skills are outstanding, and his words heartfelt.

Tenfold

Podding while Jibbing
theoutsidr said:
so just because you dont like him doesnt give you the right to say they made a marketing mistake.
Watch your words there pal, this is an open forum, he can say what he pleases about Apple's most recent marketing decision.

Eminem is played out, there are plenty of sick MC's who would rock Eminem in a second. But, he IS an image, and that's what Apple needs in marketing. They aren't going to send an amazing MC up there on their Ad who nobody knows. People assosciate Eminem as the face of hip-hop, however sad/true that is.

There are many lyricists who can drop rhymes better than Eminem, you just have to look. But from a marketing perspectice, Eminem works because people know him.

justblaize

Tenfold said:
Watch your words there pal, this is an open forum, he can say what he pleases about Apple's most recent marketing decision.

Eminem is played out, there are plenty of sick MC's who would rock Eminem in a second. But, he IS an image, and that's what Apple needs in marketing. They aren't going to send an amazing MC up there on their Ad who nobody knows. People assosciate Eminem as the face of hip-hop, however sad/true that is.

There are many lyricists who can drop rhymes better than Eminem, you just have to look. But from a marketing perspectice, Eminem works because people know him.
There are a few emcees out there who can do lyrical damage, and eminem is one of them, unforunantley, encore didnt do much to remind people of that. But out of all the "popular" mainstream rappers out there right now, I dont see many that would fit this ad better than Eminem did. 50 Cent? Game? Snoop? Ying yang twins? I dont think so. The only people I think would go nicely in an apple ad would be common, kanye, jay z, or pharrell.

d-bear

after Kanye's comment, i can't believe Pepsi is still airing his commercial.

Anton

The Silent One
I personally would not mind seeing ipod commercials that look like this.
It's seems more professionaly done and visiualy pretty.
The old ones are to blah!
They jsut had two or three colors(ex. green, black, grey...woooooow)

But this one brings in lots of fancy/bright colors mixing with a pretty good song, and faces you can actually see.

Four thumbs up to apple.

mstngo

I dont know if someone has mentioned this yet but, if you notice in the commercial it is also advertising eminems new album curtain call ( the greatest hits). I am sure it was part of the deal when he took apple to court over the previous ad. If apple is footing the bill advertising his new album it is probably more than he would have recieved in his suit.

alexackack

you all seem to focus on the lyric "Lose Yourself". Your forgetting how it goes. "Lose Yourself in the music". as apple sais... its all about the music.