Sad to see the return of Eminem

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Insimbi

HalloweenOnXmas said:
yea, the ad LOOKS cool, but something like ACDC or less controvesial than eEminem wouyld have been GREAT!
Hehe, that'd be nice. Of course iTunes would probably need to strike a deal with ACDC's record label since there are no ACDC songs on iTunes right now (except tribute albums).

topdog849

i think they need a different aproach to commercil ads, i mean its just abunch of black people danceing to different color backrounds and then at the last second they say "ipod + itunes". i think they should make it more like the nano commercils where they actually show the ipods.

Alibi86

I think if you've ever listened to Eminem besides the songs you hear on the radio (which i dont even like) you'd notice that he is a very deep writer and alot of his songs have a good meaning. He is by far the most talented writer in the game right now. So Id say it was a good move for apple, that is if the person viewing the commercial knows anything about hip hop other than MTV.

ragingSPAM

topdog849 said:
i think they need a different aproach to commercil ads, i mean its just abunch of black people danceing to different color backrounds and then at the last second they say "ipod + itunes". i think they should make it more like the nano commercils where they actually show the ipods.
rofl for some reason i found that extremely funny

Interpol

topdog849 said:
i think they need a different aproach to commercil ads, i mean its just abunch of black people danceing
I think you meant "silhouetted people dancing". At least, I hope you did...I did a double-take when I read that and my next thought was "how did he know those dancing people were African-American?" :)

theoutsidr

topdog849 said:
BTW theyre not all black theyre all ppl of different races.... and they also dont need to show you the ipod anymore, you hear the name you get the image in your head automatically everyone is brainwashed

enjoisoad

the reason they dont show the ipod is because it dosent matter. people see the shilowettes and imeditly they want an ipod. and since the new generation alwase REPLACES the old generation there people go to the store and buy an ipod. they dont need to know what it looks like. the reason the nano was in the comerical was because the main selling point of the nano is its size. if they had the normal ipod comericls with the nano people would not grasp how insanely tiney it is and therefore would see no motivation to buy it if the reason they passed on the sterotypical ipod was size.

newayblue

Website
newayblue.com
theoutsidr said:
and is there something wrong with black people?

This is not the place to start this type of discussion.

Apple obviously use the opposite monotone than the colour of the iPod for maximum effect.

Lets not do this here.

matthewrex

Website
www.matthewrex.com
I don't care for Eminem that much, but looking at it from a motion graphic artist's point of view, the ad was very good. Classy work, whether you like Eminem or not. I thought the "look" was a little extreme for Apple, but I was very impressed with the style/work/art.

joits

i loved the ad. it was like a lot of the apple adds, with silhouettes, but a little more frantic this time and of course featuring Eminem. you don't have to like Eminem, but you shouldn't be questioning why Apple is using him in his ads. nowadays, it's very rare for any artist to sell more than 4 million albums due to p2p programs and Eminem is one of the few who continued to sell albums despite illegal downloads. so when you have a chance to get one of music's biggest stars, you take it.

i also liked it because i'm a fan of Eminem. i've lost a lot of interest in rap and hip/hop lately, but i still remain a fan of Eminem cos i think he's really talented and his music is amazing.

apple's sillhoutte ads have been varied using different music so it's only natural that they'll eventually use rap/hip-hop in one of their ads.

ipodshuffle_rob

Website
allanrob.com
matthewrex said:
I don't care for Eminem that much, but looking at it from a motion graphic artist's point of view, the ad was very good. Classy work, whether you like Eminem or not. I thought the "look" was a little extreme for Apple, but I was very impressed with the style/work/art.
Yes I agree with you there, from a graphics artists view, as being an ameuter one myself I can say I do like the look of the new updated silhouette is really very good, hats off to the developers on the ad.

theoutsidr

Although i think it was very creative. I like the older plain background silhoettes better. And the rockr commercials where the person is walkin and the shadow is buggin out dancing.

bdb

On the B side of life
Apple seems to be making an intentional effort to target hip-hop these days - most of their free songs on iTMS for the past few months have been hip-hop.

Visually it was a good commercial and its nice to see Apple finally doing something a little different. I was getting sick of the plain black-on-fleurescent. Its seems a little odd that they decided to use a song that is 3 years old, with a singer whose career is waning and who has already sued them before due to commercials, but apparently they think that is what will sell (and these guys are very good at selling).

I read somewhere that there was also some "controversy" about how Eminem was shoving the dancer around - maybe the message is "steal an iPod from a hipster"? Either way Apple sells another iPod!. :D Just kidding - its just so typical of these Eminem "controversies", that never felt very real in the first place.

SMartini

i take it you're all talking about a TV ad(s)? I swear in Australia we dont get them. Well ive never seen them - but i dont watch a lot of telly.

justblaize

ipodshuffle_rob said:
Well I'm not saying the style of the ad is bad, but I won't want a junkie thug like Eminem connected with my flagship product, I mean if they where going to use rap in the ad they could have chosen at least a rap artist who was even talented, Eminem does not even come close talented.

But it looks like Apple has made up it's mind on this one, but I think it's a mistake to use him, he is too much of a liability to have about, because Eminem has the problem to "lose himself" in a line of coke.
Im sorry, but that is as ignorant as you can get. If you dont know anything about hip hop and the culture, please dont speak negatively about it. Who would you want them to use in the ad? One of the other hundreds of rappers who are all basically the same. The only other rappers that I would think would be good in this commercial wouldve been kanye west or common. Eminem - not talented? Go and actually listen to his music and try to say that again.

Alibi86 said:
I think if you've ever listened to Eminem besides the songs you hear on the radio (which i dont even like) you'd notice that he is a very deep writer and alot of his songs have a good meaning. He is by far the most talented writer in the game right now. So Id say it was a good move for apple, that is if the person viewing the commercial knows anything about hip hop other than MTV.
Exactly my point. The person who said that he was untalented should try listening to tracks like "renegades" and "rabbit run", not just take into account the tracks on mtv.

HalloweenOnXmas said:
I agree. Im not a rap lover, but his songs are VERY deep. I think he is talented, but the iPods direction should not be to him....
I definitely agree. I was shocked to see Eminem on an iPod commercial. I dont think apple is trying to use Eminem to promote the ipods, its more of an ad for Eminem's upcoming album, so i doubt we will see him in any other iPod commercials.

Last edited: