Sad to see the return of Eminem

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ipodshuffle_rob

Website
allanrob.com
Hello

Well I for one are very sad to see the return of the ad, I know the iPods are more important, but I really think that ad send's out the wrong image for Apple/iPod I mean the new look is good but I really don't think Eminem is the right song/artist for the ad.

It was more "gand land shooting" than the iPod. Or it could be Apple balancing things out, good ad on one hand and crap one on the other ;)

:)

B. W.

ipodshuffle_rob said:
Hello

Well I for one are very sad to see the return of the ad, I know the iPods are more important, but I really think that ad send's out the wrong image for Apple/iPod I mean the new look is good but I really don't think Eminem is the right song/artist for the ad.

It was more "gand land shooting" than the iPod. Or it could be Apple balancing things out, good ad on one hand and crap one on the other ;)

:)
Hmm.. I take it your not an Eminem fan? :rolleyes:

I'm not even going to try to defend him - or rap in general. I'M TIRED OF IT.

I'll just say that the ad seemed more towards Eminem's favor than Apples (since the features were never mentioned, just the "iPod + iTunes" logo made an appearance).

Sigh.

d-bear

i dig it. i also think Eminem is one of the best writers i've encountered.

ExTrEmE

I think the commercial shows off Eminem more then the iPod but the commercial song says to "lose yourself" and buy a iPod and i dont think the commercial is bad I think the commerical is cool.

ipodshuffle_rob

Website
allanrob.com
Well I'm not saying the style of the ad is bad, but I won't want a junkie thug like Eminem connected with my flagship product, I mean if they where going to use rap in the ad they could have chosen at least a rap artist who was even talented, Eminem does not even come close talented.

But it looks like Apple has made up it's mind on this one, but I think it's a mistake to use him, he is too much of a liability to have about, because Eminem has the problem to "lose himself" in a line of coke.

theoutsidr

ok you dont like him, but millions do i for one do not like rap but i actually like eminems work i must say. so just because you dont like him doesnt give you the right to say they made a marketing mistake. im sure the amount of people turned onto the ipod outnumber by far the people like you that dislike it

ragingSPAM

they chose eminem because he for one is one of the most popular artists out there hands down and didnt go with 50cent cuz hes not the image apple it tryin to fit...eminem is an image that many many people all over the country (not to be racist at all but white people who try to be black and are in the hiphop game) its tryin to fit the image of like it was stated before the coasts where people have money and want cool gadgets

theoutsidr

not to mention that he is a world reknown artist, and he is not much of a thug in my POV. unlike artist liks 50 cent etc

newayblue

Website
newayblue.com
Great ad, I think "lose yourself" is a great track, although I am not a rap fan, I like a very selective mix of hip-hop.

I have only seen the advert twice as I dont watch television much, but as far as tv adverts go, it beats 90% of the others.

And I like the thought that most of the old people are sitting there thinking.... what the hell is that all about?!?!?!

minnesotatwins

Eminem is the poster child for rich white suburbian thugs. That is probably a pretty good size share of apple's market.

I don't like him, however i do think the commercial is pretty cool. I also thought 8mile was a decent movie, so i don't mind that song.

Sypher

transmissions94
Website
www.undergroundhiphop.com
I mean if they where going to use rap in the ad they could have chosen at least a rap artist who was even talented, Eminem does not even come close talented.
I'm sorry, but Eminem is talented. I don't even like him (as I fall into the category of people who like underground and/or non hip-pop) but that fact that he has a fairly bad image and has been making crap songs as of late (excluding 'Mosh') doesn't take away from the fact that he's a very, very good emcee. (flow, multis, wordplay yada yada)

I'm not sure about him being in the ad... but:
Eminem is the poster child for rich white suburbian thugs. That is probably a pretty good size share of apple's market
^is very true.

Deshi

ipodshuffle_rob said:
...I mean if they where going to use rap in the ad they could have chosen at least a rap artist who was even talented, Eminem does not even come close talented...
Eminem is probably one of the greatest rappers ever. Its just that many people don't take time to listen to his lyrics, and see how well he flows. It also doesn't help that all his new songs from his Encore album generally suck besides Mosh or Curtains Down. But if you listen to his stuff from a couple years ago like the Eminem Show or some of his mixtapes, you can see how well he lays it down. Its just that he's white, and people think he's a wanksta. And also that he just doesnt care if he insults someone or what someone thinks of his music. He's just doing what he does, trying to have fun with his music and give people something thats controversial, racy, but also something that has great flow, beats, and blow you away with what he's spitting (for those who actually take the time to listen to the lyrics). He makes music you can get lost into, when your having a bad time or you just want to get pumped up with. Personally, I like Eminem, but I'm not forcing everyone to like him. But I'm trying to get people to change their opinon when they say he's not talented. I always listen to Eminem when I skate or I have a bad day, so I owe alot to him and music in general. And also its plain why they used him, it attracts the hip-hop scene, and also he's such a large icon. Almost everyone knows who he is, wether from the protests against him, or from the hate he gets.

ragingSPAM

ipodshuffle_rob said:
I mean if they where going to use rap in the ad they could have chosen at least a rap artist who was even talented, Eminem does not even come close talented.

But it looks like Apple has made up it's mind on this one, but I think it's a mistake to use him, he is too much of a liability to have about, because Eminem has the problem to "lose himself" in a line of coke.
wow after i read that i was shocked...especially by the ignorance that was put into it...eminem as not talented?!?!?! than how do u think he made it in an industry where its difficult for the people who created it to survive...especially cuz hes white and EXTREMELY talented is what made him blow up and he debuted at the right time...

also too much liability?!?! he grew up in the ghetto's of detriot of course hes gonna have a dark history especially with the people who he grew up around...that is why he is in the rap game in the first place...but yea he's had many run-ins with the law about beating a guy who hit on his wife or what not...WHO THE FCUK WOULDNT BEAT A GUY WHO HITS ON HIS WIFE?!?! the things he gets accused for is something that happens everyday but it just gets out of hand cuz he has a so called "image" to maintain...people get arrested everyday for assault, drug abuse...yes everything from the rich people to the poor people...hell more rich people use coke than poor people...you know why? because its fcukin EXPENSIVE....a damn ounce of it costs around a grand or so.....

topdog849

im a big fan of eminem but i didnt like the ad to much, it makes him look like a Psycho dancer and his shadow is having a seizure.

ragingSPAM

i thought the ad was creative...going away from the single color silhouette ads now EVERYONE is starting to copy...its not supposed to "be" eminem in a total sense...its tryin to show that anyone can be this "image" apple has created by buying an ipod...although it shows his face slightly many people can come to agree they can "be" him with an ipod

theoutsidr

Thats exactly what the silhoette images are for, its a subliminal message. Thats why they had so many people of different races and sex doing theyre commercials. To show you how "cool" youd look dancing with an ipod. Same way they make it "cool" to smoke ciggarettes in movies commercials, like camel they have an animated camel smoking who do you think thats targeted towards? Kids. But anyway this is about the ipod.

theoutsidr

yea i think ive had enough of U2 and the ipod already its sickening, but its a commercial why is everyone having such a ####y fit cause hes so controversial. It should be a good thing. Breaking away from the norm and being able to express himself as he really feels and not be under the restriction of the public eye and producers and record companies. If you dont like it dont listen or watch simple as that.