Rumor: New iPod Dock

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

iCamp

From MacWhispers.com http://www.envestco2.com/macwhispers/archives/000065.php

We have had two different Taiwan contacts tell us that Apple is preparing what one source described as "an ultra-dock" for the new design iPod. While specific features are not certain at this time, it is clear the new dock is headed toward production very soon.

What we are being told is that the new dock is intended to mate the iPod to a home stereo system, providing a variety of data management functions, multiple I/O connections, some intelligent music file management capability in the dock itself, and, according to one source, a wireless remote control handset. Both contacts spoke as though the product is a very near term item. However, we are digging deeper to locate the actual manufacturer, and to try and gather more specific information about features and release date.
This would be super-cool. I'd dump my 20G iPod for a 30G model if this "dock" is for real.

Ignodium

I can't even begin to imagine how sexy and sleek an apple remote would look.

kamj12

Who are these guys at MacWhispers.com? How did they get their info?

Sorry I'm not familiar with Mac before I bought my iPod.

iCamp

I can't even begin to imagine how sexy and sleek an apple remote would look
It could look a lot like the rumored wireless tablet that is supposed to be out this year.