Rockbox or Podzilla?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

RockBox or Podzilla?

• Rockbox-UNINSTALL LINUX AND PUT THIS ON YOU NIMROD!

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Podzilla-VIDEOS AND DOOM IS SO MUCH BETTER!

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Xomphos

I have tried both and currently have Podzilla on my iPod. I love it and I love playing Doom and Videos on it. However, the iPod IS a music player and I was wondering if I should remove Podzilla and reinstall RockBox because of it's music features. I would be missing out on video and Doom though. I played a lot of Doom on my Nano today. :D
Anyways, should I? Because the audio player for Podzilla surprignly STINKS. When I listen to music, I just boot the original Apple firmware instead-I hate Podzilla's audio playback that much. So, you could basically say I use it for just short video playback and lots 'o Doom.

Thanks! :D

enjoilax

Well, depends on how much you listen to music as opposed to playing games.

Xomphos

enjoilax said:
Well, depends on how much you listen to music as opposed to playing games.
Good point. I am a huge video game addict :p so I should probably use the nano for music. :D

purepodder

iPod Hacker
I would just stick to the iPod Firmware. I just like to use iPod Wizard to change its looks...

davidd

yeah, you could use all of them.

but I am going to put Rockbox on my nano in a few weeks, mainly because I've been using it on my H120 forever so I'm used to rockbox and only really care about music.

Xomphos

I tried a triple-boot today, but I ended up accidently making it so that only the Rockbox OS would boot (I already had Linux on it), so I reformated and restored and I changed my Apple OS theme using iPodWizard. Does anyone know of a good tutorial for Linux and Rockbox on the iPod Nano?

Thanks! :D

ekinskofer

I'd be interested in this as well, quite curious about this linux solution.

whatsthepoint

Look ive got an iriver h340 with rockbox and i can play doom and doom 2 on it. Its a bit buggy and hasnt been put on the cvs but when it does you can expect to play doom on your nano. Rockbox for h300 is the best! The audio is just great and now there are really good wps designs. Also there is this thing called backdrop which lets you have a picture as your backround. Ive had ipod ipod linux and my iriver firmware and rockbox is the best. I admit it needs video but video on an ipod nano screen is crap