Rip now or later?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

JaredM

Ok, I'm getting an ipod in a few days. I was wondering should i rip now or when i get ipod + itunes? Does itunes rip cds? Im just wondering weather to rip now or later because of the id tags. What type of format should i have the tags in?

JaredM

Is there a certain format to rip cds with? also im planning on ripping with music match.

JaredM

Is there a certain rate? I plan on using the ipod included earbuds or some $25 dollar, big, headphones. HOw should i make the id3 tags or can i change them easily later? Do i have to make the id tags a certain way? ex Song-Artists-Album? or can i do it however i want?

Ankalon

Website
palefaceyankee.blogspot.com
I went with 160k cbr mp3's for music and 128k for spoken. You may want higher. Or lower. Play around.

iTunes allows you to change some id3 fields from the browser window, while others you have to press ctrl+i or cmd+i for mac (I think). You can use Gracenote CDDB which will save you time. You may also want to download album art from amazon.com and drag 'n drop it into the art box (click the arrow type thing next to the repeat button) or paste it in. Remember, don't have any specific song, but the album itself to paste it to all songs in the album.

GadgetGuru72

JaredM said:
Is there a certain rate? I plan on using the ipod included earbuds or some $25 dollar, big, headphones. HOw should i make the id3 tags or can i change them easily later? Do i have to make the id tags a certain way? ex Song-Artists-Album? or can i do it however i want?
I think you're confusing the file name with the ID3 tag. The ID3 tag is internal data read by iTunes and your iPod. The file name itself is insignificant.

Is there a reason why you're using MusicMatch to rip? It's much easier just to rip using iTunes so you don't have to concern yourself with importing the songs into iTunes.

JaredM

Ok ill rip with itunes. I was going to start ripping tonight but im getting ipod tomorow. What rate should i rip mp3s with? I will be using eeither included earbuds or some $25 oversized earphones. Thanks for the help. Also if anyone wants to help me they can talk to me on aim. JaredXM

GadgetGuru72

You don't have to wait to use iTunes. Just go to Apple.com and you can download iTunes right now. It's a free program. You don't need to buy an iPod to use it.

As for birate, I'd suggest 192 if you're going to use MP3, or 160 if you're going to use AAC. That should be more than adequate for an "average" user.