• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Rex Grossman sucks

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

enjoilax

habsrock13 said:
I couldn't be happier for Manning though. He deserved it. :)
No he didn't. No one "deserves" winning. Grossman killed it for the Bears by screwing up:mad:

VipFREAK

lol, Can't wait to hear about all the Bear's bandwagon fans being ####ed off. Football sucks. I got stuck watching it... well fell asleep because it was so damn boring.

enjoilax

VipFREAK said:
lol, Can't wait to hear about all the Bear's bandwagon fans being ####ed off. Football sucks. I got stuck watching it... well fell asleep because it was so damn boring.
Bandwagon fans for the Bears? I don't think you know Chicago very well :shake:.

habsrock13

Poolside Lounger
enjoilax said:
No he didn't. No one "deserves" winning. Grossman killed it for the Bears by screwing up:mad:
Hey, that's your opinion. I was happy to see him win it.

Kristiano

He hates Scousers
Would someone mind sharing with the non-Americans what you guys are talking about? :D

bdb

On the B side of life
The fact that the Chicago defense allowed 247 yards passing and 191 yards rushing had a lot to do with it, too. They allowed all sorts of runs and short passes...which are the high-percentage plays in a monsoon like that.

Grossman hasn't been a particularly good quarterback during the regular season or the playoffs, so there's no reason to cry about it now. They always relied on the defense; this time the defense fell through.

dmt1

Dismember
Website
users.domaindlx.com
Yeah, Grossman didn't screw it up all by himself. He's going to be a good quarteback--this is his first full year starting. Anyone remember how Peyton Manning did his first full season, and second as well? I do. It wasn't pretty. And Grossman doesn't even have a full two seasons under his belt yet. He's got talent, but he needs more experience. He'll be fine--he's going to be better than fine. He has shown flashes of potential stardom at times, and boneheadedness at others. Typical of a young quaterback.

Couple of things to keep in mind: Chicago was outplayed offensively, defensively, and thoroughly outcoached (Did they even have an offensive game plan? Didn't look like it. The defense didn't adjust well either). The only place they get the nod is for special teams. The first interception was as much on the play call and Muhammed as it was on Grossman--how many times do you see a quarterback hang it up for a jump ball, and the reciever go get it? Muhammed had a play on the ball, and overran it. Had he adjusted, he would have been in front of the defender, and had a reasonable chance at a reception, or at worse an incompletion. In that particular pattern--the double fake--the ball is thrown to a spot before the receiver comes out of the second break. Muhammed didn't get there, although it looks like he should have

The guy hasn't even started 28 games, and everyone is condemning him. Very few quarterbacks were decent that early (Brady sat on the bench and had the opportunity to learn before he took over; the only rookie I can think of off hand that really lit it up that early was Marino.). As long as his confidence isn't shattered, and I don't think it is, he's a potential star in the league. He'll be starting next year, and he'll be better (Griese just doesn't have the arm strength to go deep like the bears like to do, and Orton--lets not even go there).

As a disclaimer, I was enthusiastically for the Colts, glad to see Dungy and Manning win it, but blaming Grossman for the loss is ridiculous--there's plenty of blame to go around.

dmt1

Dismember
Website
users.domaindlx.com
RatherPlayHalo said:
Lovie was a fool not to pull him. Fumbled twice, threw a pick-six and another interception. What could possibly be worse. Honestly...

Griese throwing 2 pick sixes and fumbling three times?

The pick six wasn't all his fault, see above.

Wouldn't have mattered if Lovie pulled him or not. With Benson injured, the defense playing poorly, it would have been just as bad or worse with Griese in there. The Colts are the better team, and better coached to boot.

Last edited:

Eric Lewis

Apple Lover
i waisted 3 hours waiting for the apple new ad! and there wasnt them...i just watched it for the ads...but thjere wasnt an apple ad!~