Returning my iphone-how to wipe data

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

amysiphone

I need to return my iphone and want to rest it back to factory settings will this erase all of my phone data, email data, etc as well as the settings and how do I do this easily? I have not synced it to my computer.

thanks

Amy

If it has never been sync'd then there is nothing on it or shouldn't be.

If you have actually used it then connect to iTunes and highlight the iPhone in the source list. On the summary tab click on the restore button.

Once it has finished another option will be presented asking you if you want to set it up as a new iPhone or restore from the back-up data. Select 'set up as a new phone'. This will remove any and all data from the phone. Restoring from back-up data will replace any settings/data you had previously had on the phone.

But if you have never used the iPhone then there is no need to set it to factory settings since it already is set.

amysiphone

Thanks

Thanks! I did connect to itunes when I first got it but I have not taken any data from my computer and put it on the iphone. I only need to remove the information I have added to the iphone and the email I set it up to receive, etc. Thanks for your help. I will actually be getting a new iphone when I return this one to Best Buy but I wanted to make sure I didn't return it with any of my personal info.

thanks for the quick response!!!

Amy