Reseting when I connect and Disconnect Mini

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

chucka

I just bought my mini today and every time i either connect or diconnect my mini from my computer it resets itself.

what happens is- i connect the mini to the cable. as soon as i do the screen goes blank for a second then the apple comes on the screen, then it says do not disconnect.

then if i update all my songs, right click on the ipod and click on disconnect. the mini has the big check mark so i can disconnect it. I unhook the cable and the screen goes blank for a second or two then the apple comes up again like its reseting.

am i doing something wrong? I'm using the 2 in 1 usb/firewire cable. the firewire part is connected to the power and the usb to the computer. just like i had my 3rd gen. i even tried the usb cable that came with the mini and it does the same thing. i do not have a fire wire port on my comptuter or i would try that.

is this a common problem or do i have a deffective unit?

thanks in advance.

btw. i did put the cd that came with it in to activate the mini 2 different times.

chucka

in the red said:
mine does the same, don't think its a problem just a characteristic of the ipod
does anyone else's do this?

the one thing i'm worried about is when i start listening to my audible books on it, i'm affraid ever time it resets it will loose my spot. also i have to turn off the wheel click everytime.