Reset an i pod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

beer.swiller

I have been having a clear out when I found my Daughters I pod. I asked her if she wanted it but said she didn't. The songs that are currently on this device I want to delete and use the I pod for myself. I have plugged in into my laptop but all it states is my ***'s I pod.
How do I delete the songs on this device and how do I find out when I pod it is and generation.

Kind regards Denn.

beer.swiller

I managed to delete the original contents and also found what I pod it is. It's a nano 5th Gen purple colour.
I laso managed to put some of my music onto this device but the sound when I plugged in headphones was tinny and sound was coming from I pod. Is there a setting to cure this.

cjmnews

Staff member
It looks like you discovered that a Restore or sync, erase and sync again would replace the songs on the iPod. You can even rename the iPod in iTunes.

If you put headphones into the port, the internal speakers should turn off automatically.
If not you should try a few things:
  1. Make sure the headphones are plugged in fully.
  2. Reboot the iPod (hold the center and Menu buttons for 5-10 seconds) see if that gets the headphones working again.
  3. Restore the iPod with iTunes (plug in the iPod, click on the iPod button just under the menus, click on Restore This iPod in the right side window
If the internal speakers still are playing, it is possible the headphone jack is broken. I am not sure that fixing an 11 year old device is worth it.