Requesting New Earphones: Shipping?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

SergeArsenie

Spirit of the Squirrel
I requested a new pair of headphones since mine went dead, but I wanted to know:

1. In how much time they come.
2. Are they in a box?
3. Does Fedex/UPS deliver them, or are they just in the mail with normal USPS?
4. Any shipping charge?

Thanks, an answer will greatly be appreciated.
~SergeArsenie

QTran77

Shipping

I think shipping is 7$ or so.
Questions:
1) Did you have to pay for the replacements?
2) Did you have to send them your messed up earphones?

I don't want to deal with shipping charges and mail so I'm going to try replacing them at the Apple Store at the mall. They did a great job replacing my iPod.

Tomo_kun

Pop'N and IIDX
I didn't ever have to pay shipping.
I have AppleCare
If they wanted the headphones back, they did it by Fed Ex. If they did not want the headphones back, it was done by USPS.

SergeArsenie

Spirit of the Squirrel
Cool, I got them today, they came with USPS, had bubble wrap and a letter requesting not to send them back.

My waranty is valid from March 9, 2005, so more than 2 months.

QTran77

Do you think they'd replace mine if one the the earpieces is hanging out?( the part the sound comes from)

SergeArsenie

Spirit of the Squirrel
Yes, they will replace it, provided you tell them it buzzes and your iPod is still under warranty.

QTran77

One ear works and the one with the piece hanging does not work at all. There's wires hanging out of it. There's no buzzing at all, is that alright?

SergeArsenie

Spirit of the Squirrel
Yep, it should be fine, but to be sure, just mention that it buzzes (if you want, because it usually works)

QTran77

Thanks for the advice. I'm think I'm gonna go tommorrow to the Apple store. Hopefully, they'll replace my earphones. I'll really need new headphones now that I broke my replacements for the ipod earphones that broke.

miniman

so if i phone them or go to the apple store theyll jut send me new ones without me sending my oldones or paying any money

Tomo_kun

Pop'N and IIDX
The easiest thing to do is go to the depot website. If you go to an apple store, they will most likely give you an old, unclean pair of headphones.

Last time I called apple, they told me to go to the depot website, and no, you do not have to pay for shipping. Plain and simple.