request of music and list of all songs on my ipod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

clintb

What program did you use to get that html output? Pretty cool.

bebop717

Ha! you have good taste in music I have like 65-70% of the music you have. Only differance is I list the cowboy bebop music under Yokko Kanno. You also have some stuff by the microphones I only have a handful of tracks from them stuff like "Between Your Ear And The Other Ear" mostly stuff from the "It Was Hot We Stayed In The Water" cd.

Now knowing what you have on i-tunes may I suggest some music to add to your collection

Flaming Lips?"The Soft Bulletin" is awsome.
Ben Folds Five?""Ben Folds Five" fun stuff to sing to

I see that you have some FLCL, check out a series called "Hellsing" it the same company who brought us the series "Lain" only 13 eps. but awsome music and loads of great characters. Hellsing is the series that got my friends hooked onto anime.

Last edited:

nontoxicglue

a member
Website
nontoxicglue.textamerica.com
thanks bebop. it's such a coincidence that i started watching hellsing 2 weeks ago. And as for Lain (my god freakin crazy) also great music, which i can't find the album in US, i've tried chinatown but no luck. Ben Folds Five is a band i totally forgot about, will buy it ASAP. thanks. My brother has the Flaming Lips albums all of them including Zaikreka (my fav.)

bebop717

Too bad you can't find the lain soundtracks. Lucky for me I have an anime store like 10 blocks away that has lots of soundtracks. But, if I can't get the anime music I'm looking for i go to
http://www.animemusic.com/

Adam

Brushed Steel Guy
nontoxicglue said:
hey adam quick question. i'm guess all your mp3's have to correct id3 tagging for the ipod. But why doesn't all the info on your list show? btw nice list also.
Do you mean why are there incomplete fields? If so, I don't because I don't want the album field on songs that aren't part of a complete albumm, if it was like that, then when I browse albums in the iPod, there would be hundreds, and many with only one song. As for year, it would take way too long to get the year for 400 individual songs. Genre I am slowly doing, it just takes a while, and track number is only useful for albums.

I have an updated one now:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/ajpodnar/music.htm

loGan

Ipod therefore I am
I know I keep banging on about them but check out Absolution by Muse. Fantastic new album in my opinion.

bebop717

Yeah I have muse's older album Showbiz, which is just great. I look foward to hearing their new stuff.

gemio17

These are some of my picks that go along with your tastes-
White Stripes-De Stijl, the two Strokes CDS, Notorious B.I.G.-Life After Death(2 Disc Set), l'il kim-la bella mafia- esp. the jump off & magic stick

nothingtoday

you have hood! brilliant!!!!

however you have an awful hip hop list in my opinion,
reccomend

sage francis
noah 23
sole
nobs
doseone (dose is on your hood album, but check out themselves, subtle, boompip & doseone, cLOUDDEAD and hemispheres to really hear him in action)

mzd

Additional albums:
Yo La Tengo - and then nothing turned itself inside-out
Mighty Mighty Bosstones - earlier stuff like More Noise and Other Disturbances, Ska-Core The Devil and More, Don't Know How to Party, Question the Answers.
Lucinda Williams - World Without Tears
the White Stripes - already mentioned but De Stijl and Elephant are great.

Related:
Sunny Day Real Estate > get Jeremy Enigk's solo album Return of the Frog Queen. It is excellent!!!!

If you like...:
Mighty Mighty Bosstones > you might like Blue Meanies
Tom Waits > Matthew Ryan http://matthewryanonline.com has a few songs available to download.
Dar Williams > Ani DiFranco
Weezer > Poster Children - I recommend starting w/ Junior Citizen and then RTFM.

And just suggestions based on your taste:
the Mountain Goats!!!!!! Epitonic has a few songs to check out.
Songs: Ohia - again, check out their epitonic page.
and Sufjan Stevens http://sufjan.com has info and if you follow the record label links there are a few songs to download.

Last edited:

earpin1

similar musical preferences

i looked through your list, and we have pretty similar collections, as far as the indie stuff. I dont recall any morrissey in there(i went through it fairly quickly though.) I would for sure recommend him. My Morning Jacket(It Still Moves was the first record I bought of theirs) is particularly good. Also Mellowdrone, they are my new favorite band of the moment.
If you want something a little different, but still really catchy and awesome, i'd go with Death From Above. They a 2 piece band, 1 on heavily distorted bass, and 1 on drums. Its sort of like really good garage rock meets hardcore(at times.) Their CD Heads Up is really awesome.

Pointthreex

here are some albums i think you should buy:

aesop rock - bazooka tooth
all the beatles albums
ben kweller - on my own
gift of gab - 4th dimensional rocket ships going up
everything by coldplay
damien rice - o
elliott smith - from a basement on the hill
el-p - fantastic damage
atmosphere - lucy ford
eyedea - e&a