Replacing Songs in iTunes for different bitrate versions.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

MrZebra77

Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. Just like I posted about in This Thread I will soon have to reencode my music to ~128 kbps once I run out of space.

But in the mean time, having plenty of space, I decided to encode my most recent purchases to lossless.

I noticed that when I use iTunes to import a CD, if it's already in the library it will offer me to replace the existing files with the new ones, copying all the Comments, Grouping Tags, Last Played and Play Count info over to the new files. Which is neat, except for a small bug where iTunes will show the cover arts as being preserved, they are not (They were coverless when I synced them to my iPod) but reloading the covers is not that big of a deal.

Now, if I import files to either Lossless or AAC in iTunes from my FLAC files, is there a way to do that with the newly imported files, to tell them to overwrite the old MP3s like I could do when using iTunes to import the CDs?

For CDs that I have, I might just use iTunes to reload them, but for borrowed from the library disks (Which I copied to FLAC Files) am I stuck in copying all the tags and then deleting the old files manually or is there an easy way to replace them?