Renaming Library

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

phoenix1971

this is proberly quite easy for someone to answer,but had confused me, i want to rename my media library ,but if i do this ,of course the playlists wont work ,how do i rename the library ,and rename the path where the playlist is looking for the track? cheers

cjmnews

Staff member
Why bother?

You can't see the name of the library within iTunes. You shouldn't be dealing with the music at the folder level. Maybe for Home Sharing the name of the library is shown. You can change that name in Edit->Preferences, and change the name in Library Name.

If that change above is not what you are looking for, let me know and I can come up with alternatives based on what you are trying to do.

phoenix1971

well what i plan to do is format the pc and reinstall everything as its running slow,so when i come to reinstall itunes and the playlists ,i assume the the folder name has been changed ,none of the playlists will work

cjmnews

Staff member
Assuming that all your music is in the iTunes\iTunes Media folder then you just have to backup the iTunes folder before reformatting. Then after you get Windows and iTunes installed restore the backup of the iTunes folder into the My Music folder.

If your music is scattered then backup the music where it is, and backup the iTunes folder. When you restore it restore the music in the exact location it came from. Drive letter, and all folders in the path. Then restore the backup of the iTunes folder into the My Music folder.