Removing songs from both library and hard drive?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mizzle

I've searched high and low for this answer but have yet to come up with a solution. I want it to ask me if I want to 'move to recycle bin' or 'keep files' whenever I delete something from the library. It used to ask me and since i recently cleaned out itunes it doesn't ask me anymore it just deletes it from the library and keeps the files. I know the files have to be in My Music folder but they are...because they're downloaded songs from itunes. Anyway to get the prompt back?

My iTunes does that on my PC. What I do is press the Shift key & hit Delete and the message box appears.

Edit: To reset your warnings in iTunes go into your account and at the bottom you will see a reset warnings button.

Last edited:

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
This features seems to be unavailable to some. It mostly seems to affect people who don't have iTunes organizing their music library. Do you?

An annoying way to help make the deletion of a song from the library and from the hard drive easier would be to select the song in iTunes and first use ctrl-R to get you to the music file. Send the file to the recycle bin and once back in iTunes, delete the alias. Two steps instead of one, but since I can't think of a way to get iTunes to give you this option back off the top of my head, I'll suggest this, until someone smarter comes along.

Cheers.

Website
www.ilounge.com
Is your iTunes Music Folder path (as set under Edit->Preferences->Advanced) set to the root of a drive letter? I thought this was fixed in iTunes 7, but there definitely used to be a problem where iTunes would not organize files if the music folder was the root of a drive letter (ie, E:\, for instance, as opposed to E:\Music), and would therefore not prompt you to delete files either.

mizzle

this is what is in the box where you are talking about
C:\Documents and Settings\Derick Miller\My Documents\My Music\iTunes 1\iTunes Music