Removal of the Ping Button?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Zoony

Hi,

Running 10.0.1.22 on Win7.

Since upgrading iTunes to the present version, whenever I select a tune a little 'Ping V' button appears in the Name column.

I have no intention of ever using this Ping thing. Is there a way I can get shut of this button that keeps appearing please?

kornchild2002

The button also takes you to the iTunes Store along with giving you all those stupid Ping options. I really do hate Ping. Let's take something that isn't all that bad (the iTunes Store) and combine it with facebook and Twitter. Oh yeah, that is something that I always wanted. I hate this whole internet movement as it is. I long for the days of old when people would go to the bathroom without describing it in 140 characters or less, changing their facebook status to "i'm going to poo," and shooting a video (while putting a Linkin Park or My Chemical Romance song in it) of them going to the bathroom and uploading it to YouTube as "Teh Funest Poo Eva!" all in 720p HD glory.

I like to keep my music and music purchasing separate from my social networks. So I don't blame you for wanting to remove that options. From what I remember, there was a way to remove the (>) icon back when it would just take you to the iTunes Store (I think it was called iTunes Links). I could be mistaken though as it was a long time ago when I first looked at that option as I refused to use the iTunes Store (at least 6 years ago). Now that the button is used for both iTunes Store and Ping functionality, I wouldn't be surprised if Apple makes it so you can't remove the button.